Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now completed 7 weeks of the promised three month wait for a ex-l gg (from a reliable dealer with a great reputation).

I'm curious to know how soon other buyers heard that their van was coming prior to actual delivery. How long was the lag between getting a VIN number, for example, and actual delivery? Or did you all of a sudden get a call that it was here come pick it up?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lead times</a> have been tallied in <a href="http://home.attbi.com/cgi-bin/PBView?owner=rody2rk">question #1</a> of the current poll (ending 21 January).

How long after you ordered your Ody did you receive it (or expect to receive it, if just ordered)?

Base: Total Votes 62
10 ( 16%) Same day
11 ( 18%) Within 1 week
11 ( 18%) 2-3 weeks
6 ( 10%) 4-5 weeks
8 ( 13%) 6-7 weeks
5 ( 8%) 8-12 weeks
11 ( 18%) More than 12 weeks

VIN is available from Honda to the dealer the day the vehicle is assembled. How soon the dealer provides that to the customer varies.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
131 Posts
Apostolakis Honda in Cortland Ohio has a GG EX-L on their lot... They are currently selling them at $400 under MSRP.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

[This message has been edited by Shaners (edited 01-22-2002).]

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my Ody today, YEH! The dealer told me that the vin number would be available to me from 10 to 14 days before the delivery date.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here. My order went in mid-Dec. for a MB EX. The dealer called me a couple of weeks back and said that they still had no production date scheduled for that color...however if I wanted RRP instead, they were scheduled for production the week of Jan. 21. Given the uncertainty of waitng for a date and reading about some of the ridiculous waits, we decided that RRP was just fine. Perhaps there is some light around the bend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

There is a HUGE range in delivery times. Some people have received their vans in a matter of days (the folks in UTAH,for example, comes to mind). However, I had a VIN along with a ship date of 12/10/01 and I still have nothing.

The average does seem to be about 2 1/2 weeks though it pains me to say it.

Tom

·
Registered
67 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomPauline:
Hi,

There is a HUGE range in delivery times. Some people have received their vans in a matter of days (the folks in UTAH,for example, comes to mind). However, I had a VIN along with a ship date of 12/10/01 and I still have nothing.

The average does seem to be about 2 1/2 weeks though it pains me to say it.

Tom
</font>
Tom, you should try some other dealer in parallel if your deposit is refundable. Something must be wrong for this long wait after getting a VIN.

BTW, how soon we will know the delivery date depends on the dealer's policy -- mostly on how honest they are. By delaying the notification, they could find someone else with a better deal. I remember that there is a thread somewhere in this forum (a few months back) explaining the details on the process at the dealer (monthly van allocation, getting estimated production date, VIN number notification and so on). How to pass this information to us is up to them.

Around this time of the month, they must be getting their February allocation and estimated production dates. Some dealer posted their February allocation on their web page. See http://www.collegehillshonda.com/onorder.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts