Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may soon purchase an '10 EXL-RES and I've read conflicting things on what the best timing is to buy the Honda Care extended warranty.

What are the pros/cons of buying the warranty immediately, versus waiting until the original 3year/36k is about to expire?

Seems like I read when you buy an extended Honda Care warranty, the miles & time is added on to your current odometer reading & vehicle age. Thus is it advantageous to wait until the 3/36 is almost up?

·
Registered
346 Posts
You get the "new car coverage and pricing" (much lower cost) if you buy before you hit 6000 miles, IIRC. Contact Bob at Hyannis Honda for his pricing lists.
Did you see my low miles 2008 Touring for sale, with warranty and HondaCare? You know that you really want a Touring, not just the EXL . . .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Before you sign the contract, read it. My contract stipulates that I MUST change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles, and CHANGE the timing belt before 60,000 miles. At 5,000 miles, my maintenance minder says my oil is still 50%. I could probably go another 2,500 miles before changing oil. As for the timing belt, Honda recommends a timing belt change at 100,000 miles. Needless to say, I didn't read my contract before signing it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We're discussing HondaCare. Just to be clear. what contract do you have with oil change requirements? You did not specify the precise contract and level of coverage.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i bought it just as my van reached 36k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts