Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the 2011s are coming out? We are ready to get a new one, since our 2004 is right at 100k, and we have two quotes of $27,400 OTD on an EX, but I might wait if the 2011s are due soon, like in a few weeks. Apparently their sales were down last month, so maybe they will put a rush on the new style to get it out. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
They're not going to put a rush to get a model out...these things are planned far in advance and require some down-time for a model changeover. Honda is very good at timinig new model delivery right at the point they sell out of the prior model. My guess is you'll be seeing 2011's in August or Sept. The official timing from Honda is "fall".

Is there some sort of a timer on your Ody that it will turn into a pumpkin at 100k? I can't imagine why you'd bail early if you think you'd prefer the 2011.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
skinny2 said:
Is there some sort of a timer on your Ody that it will turn into a pumpkin at 100k?
Oooo. Good one skinny2. :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, that was pretty good.

I am not dying to get a 2011, I'd just like to see them and get a price. But, if it will be months, I will just go ahead and get a 2010 EX for thousands off list, which will probably not be an option with the 2011 for many months. Plus, new models usually have a few bugs to work out, so I'll pass.

And, no, it probably will not turn into a pumpkin, but it might affect how much trade in will be. I have been told dealers might not give as much for it with >100k because financing will be harder some of their buyers to get. That may not be true, but it could be. Plus, I do not want to get any closer to timing belt change time than I have to. So, does anyone have any new information about the 2011 sale date? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, cars DO turn into pumpkins at 100,000 miles. Go check book value at 99,999 mi, and compare to 100,000 mi.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
qest said:
Yes, cars DO turn into pumpkins at 100,000 miles. Go check book value at 99,999 mi, and compare to 100,000 mi.
Good call. $50.00 according to Blue Book. Coincidentally, that's the same difference between 89,999 and 90,000. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it hit 100k today, and it did not become a pumpkin, so I guess will we keep driving it...or maybe not. I expect we will see the 2011s at the dealers pretty soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
tom34diy said:
Well, it hit 100k today, and it did not become a pumpkin, so I guess will we keep driving it...or maybe not. I expect we will see the 2011s at the dealers pretty soon.
They'll probably start hitting dealer lots around September/ October.

When we got our 05' in December 04' many dealers were short of stock.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the features shown in video, but I do not like the beltline of the exterior. To me, it looks as is the back 1/3 of the van was designed by a different person that designed the front 2/3 of the van and the 2 pieces do not mate up well. Maybe it will look better in person or in a different color. Based on that, I am not dying to trade my current van in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts