Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where is the remote starter shutoff

We bought our van used from a dealer and it came with a remote starter.

The manual for the remote starter (had to look for it on the web, it did not come with the car... :( ) says there is a security off switch, for times when you want to disable the remote starter.

Would someone know where those are usually located on a 2005-2010 Odyssey? Would someone at least know what they look like?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got remote starter on my 2010 EXL, and for my car to disable the remote starter is just press on the brake. Not sure would that work the same for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcwong28 said:
I got remote starter on my 2010 EXL, and for my car to disable the remote starter is just press on the brake. Not sure would that work the same for you.
Thank you for the response! :)

Ours works the same way: stepping on the brakes stops the engine if it running and the key is not inserted in the sterring wheel cylinder.

What I am curious to know is the location of the switch that turns the remote starter itself off, so it cannot be used to start the engine. The manual says to use it when storing the car in a garage or somesuch, I guess to prevent unintended starts.

Would you recall whether yours has the same?

Nicolas

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what I found on my remote manual, hope this help....

Quick-Stop Mode: This feature allows the vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition. This feature is useful for occasions when you wish to exit the vehicle for short periods of time but would like to leave the motor running with the heat or air-conditioner on.
Safety ON/OFF Toggle switch: Small toggle switch that's mounted under the drivers dash that used to quickly disable the remote starter system for when the vehicle is being serviced, valet parked etc. The system also has a second "Valet" mode feature which disables the remote starter thru the systems valet button built into the systems antenna.

jcwong28

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jcwong28 said:
Safety ON/OFF Toggle switch: Small toggle switch that's mounted under the drivers dash that used to quickly disable the remote starter system for when the vehicle is being serviced, valet parked etc. The system also has a second "Valet" mode feature which disables the remote starter thru the systems valet button built into the systems antenna.

jcwong28
BINGO! That's what I meant...

I looked and cannot find it. Can you find yours? Do you know what it looks like?

Nicolas

·
Registered
4 Posts
My glass mount antenna with the valet switch button is mounted right onto the front windshield when my rear view mirror at. It's a little remote double sided on the glass.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jcwong28 said:
My glass mount antenna with the valet switch button is mounted right onto the front windshield when my rear view mirror at. It's a little remote double sided on the glass.
Argh! I saw that receiver but did not think to check it for a switch...

Thank you, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Nicolas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts