Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pop in the original owner of his ’95 and the CD has been broken for years. I’d love to find a used stock stereo/CD player for Christmas and swap it in for him. Are there salvage yards you’ve used or do you have any ideas how to go about getting one. I’m not interested in an aftermarket one as he has over 200k on the car, he’s over 70 and just wants to listen to his CDs.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Marty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my original '95 EX radio and single CD player. they both work just fine. I would be willing to sell them to you cheap. Please let me know.
Wayne

·
Registered
455 Posts
96sled said:
I’m not opposed to getting one from a later model esp if it’s plug and play (with an adapter), but what do I do with all the space in the dash. Using your method won’t I have a huge gap?
There's a cubby-hole thingy you can put under the radio. It's large enough to hold sunglasses, notes, etc.

Just like this one:
380292599824 <<Go to ebay and enter that item number

Was your Odyssey in some sort of flood?? The radio and dash don't look too happy in your photo!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks so much for the helpful input I'll check these out and see how to get the plug adapter. Hint hint.

As far as the car goes... the combo of it having 230k on the dial and it being owned by a mad scientist make for a leathal combo. I was showing you the best of the pics. Look at the one below and wonder why the player's broken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wvcabin/5267472511/sizes/l/in/photostream/

They wonder why I had to marry the first girl that would return my calls.

Cheers,
Marty

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow, you need to clean that car BAD! The poor car is begging for it. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
guys, would a oem cd player from a 2000 civic fit our ody plug & play? does it comes with anti-theft codes too? i found one cheap & want to upgrade my stock cassette radio.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
455 Posts
odysi_ko said:
guys, would a oem cd player from a 2000 civic fit our ody plug & play? does it comes with anti-theft codes too? i found one cheap & want to upgrade my stock cassette radio.

thanks in advance
Do you have a link and a picture of it?

Be careful... Before buying the one that's currently installed in my 96, I bought a radio from a Civic (forget what year) and it would not fit, at all!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Also does a single or a six player cd have less problems? Common sense would tell me single is better, but I'm not the brightest on electronics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
At least for me, the OE unit lacks a certain level of... functionality. Frankly put, I'm a millennial, and even CDs are rather archaic. Assuming my stuff from Crutchfield arrives on time, I'm actually replacing the entire OE sound system this holiday weekend. I was torn between JVC and Pioneer, but given its a beater, I went with the cheaper choice all around (JVC), with a digital only head unit, 6.5" front and rear speakers (assuming they fit as Crutchfield says they will) and tweeters - which will go where there were none.
If you want the OE unit, which in my case is cassette and radio only with the pocket and a missing fader knob, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I still have my original working EX Cassette head unit and CD player. Not free but not the ridiculous prices on ebay. PM me if interested. I also have adapters for AUX in and iPod.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts