Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my observation...
Doesn't it seem like a couple weeks ago there were 3 or 4 salesman posting like crazy? And then all the sudden, they disappeared never to be heard from again. I hope we didn't run them off as their insight could be beneficial to everybody in the OdyClub, as long as their intent is to contribute and not to see this as a forum to sell something.

Maybe they are posting, and I'm just not seeing them...
-Erik

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Maybe their insight could be somewhat useful. Personally, I am glad they have stopped posting.

It was getting annoying, like that one salesman from California who was whining about wanting to know what he could do to make the experience better. But the ideas offered didn't seem important to him to change. For example, several people said they did not want forced add-ons such as a so-called "protection package." The guy always countered that it was something the owner insisted on, but please tell me more that I can do. He just didn't get it that when his owner played games it was the buying experience and by being employed by that dealership the salesman was implicitly going along with the games.

I also suspect that some of those posts were shills by salespeople posing as customers.

Just my opinions!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think many of them were here trying to drum up business and get free advertising.

After a few reprimands from Jim, they didn't hang around.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupset:
Foo Foo can be awful mean when he wants to.

</font>
LOL!

------------------
Chuck K,
Self-elected President, Vice President, Sergeant-at Arms and one and only member of the, now official, Former Ody Owners chapter of the OdyClub, founded 2/02/2002.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Anytime someone says, "I'm from a car dealership and I'm here to help," RUN!

It would be nice to have honest, meaningful dialogue with Honda and their dealers, but the nature of public relations doesn't allow it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My intention with the original post was not to encourage the whining that they were giving us and the constant selling attitude. Rather, the benefit they could provide to the club would be if they could just be "regular guys" that happen to have some valuable insight from that side of the negotiation table.

We have individuals from all walks of life here...sometimes you get a little insight based on the posts...we have some smart people, we have some technical people, we have stay at home moms, we have cops, we have professional folks, etc. etc...and none of us are pushing an agenda. If we had a salesman or two hanging around that wasn't trying to push his/her agenda, we could all benefit.

Maybe the public relations aspect of it could be different if the salesman was low-key or maybe even stayed anonymous - then he wouldn't have to worry about repercussions by his/her employer.

-Erik

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eslayter:
...Maybe the public relations aspect of it could be different if the salesman was low-key or maybe even stayed anonymous - then he wouldn't have to worry about repercussions by his/her employer...</font>
Agreed, it could be very helpful. Maybe some service managers, too.

By the very nature of their job, it may be hard to find a salesrep who likes to contribute without getting paid. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they last long in the industry if they like to give ANYTHING away, particularly their time or knowledge.

We seem to have a few posts from incognito salesreps. Unfortunately it appears they work for competing car companies

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know what happened to one of them. He no longer works there. Kinda left me hanging too as I was waiting for a callback about availability and they seem to have "lost" my information.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The informaion from one of the salesmen was very informative.. I was in line to purchase my ody from them, and after reading his posts, I went elsewhere and saved $2000.00
He was not fooling when he said his boss made him put the protection package on everything... I am glad he had enough guts, ( or stupidity) to tell us, it saved me big bucks.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2nv:
The informaion from one of the salesmen was very informative.. I was in line to purchase my ody from them, and after reading his posts, I went elsewhere and saved $2000.00
He was not fooling when he said his boss made him put the protection package on everything... I am glad he had enough guts, ( or stupidity) to tell us, it saved me big bucks.....
</font>
You must be talking about the guy from Beaverton Honda. Not only are they charging the $1495 over MSRP ("Northwest Protection Package"!), but most of their stock is Canadian (read "no factory warranty"). By the way, where did you end up buying? I'll be in the market soon myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ended up buying from DeLon Honda in Salem, it was an easy drive down their, and they seem to have their act together...talk to Jonathon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts