Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our EX-L 02 for a couple of weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed the van. However, I have this nagging question: Where do you place your trash since no ashtray exists.

David

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anywhere but out the window. Seriously, for our CRV I purchased a trash container from Wal-Mart that is about the size of a small shoe box. It is black, weighted on the bottom, and has a lid with velcro to keep it closed. I just purchased another one for our Odyssey and it should fit real well on the floor under the tray between the front seats. Oh, and it has velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

------------------
Dan
2002 SS EX
1997 CRV

·
Registered
255 Posts
One of my first mods was to purchase an official Honda litterbag from HandAaccessories. It hangs off the inside front passenger seat armrest, which keeps it at handy reach for the driver and all passengers. It is water-resistant and has a velcro bottom that opens up for easy emptying. I always keep a box of 13 gal. trash bags in the van for long trips - those obviously hold more and get thrown out when we stop for gas.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; leather steering wheel wrap; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Zaino protection; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Don't have ANY trash in the Ody. I don't allow eating or anything of that sort in it. Call me a neat freak. If anyone has trash, it goes straight into their pockets !

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ended up having the trash on the door pockets. At least I know that it is not lost under the seat or in-between the cracks of the seats, especially with tissues and small pieces of paper. Just in case, I have a roll of paper towel in the van for accidental spills and whatever. I make sure all trash in the pockets are empty after the trip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know how big of an ashtray your use to, but I put sum of the little stuff I would keep in an ashtray in the front (pullout) cup holders, (with the help of a little electrical tape to cover the holes).
I eventualy cut up two plastic cups that fit snug so I can dump the "trash" out.
It's not like were short on cup holders.

·
Registered
530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Don't have ANY trash in the Ody. I don't allow eating or anything of that sort in it. Call me a neat freak. If anyone has trash, it goes straight into their pockets !

</font>
I agree, I told my family when we get our Ody, no drinks, food or crayons (just kidding with them). My little girl said we should put the Ody in a baggie, I think that's a good idea. Probably we're better off just keeping our 1989 Acura and we have no cares what spills.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I keep my trash in the compartment underneath the front cup holders. I think most people keep CDs in there, but I keep those in a zippered CD holder that fits inside the driver's door.

I was notorious for using the passenger's foot well for my garbage can in our Accord, so I am trying to keep my Ody clean. So far, so good.

That little compartment work well for trash, as long as it's not liquid, like empty soda cans. I'll probably end up putting a small plastic garbage bag in there if it gets too bad.

·
Registered
329 Posts
hachiroku and moose, are one of you my wife?

My wife allows little to no garbage in the Ody, and it is disposed of promptly upon returning home. My wife is the queen of the neat-freaks!

My mother has a small trashcan in her Ody that fits neatly under the fold down tray between the front seats.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If we have trash it's because we went through a drive-thru and just use the paper bag for the trash. On longer trips I put the loops from a plastic grocery bag over the drivers and front passengers armrest at the pivot point. It holds the bag open to a degree and toss it at gas stops. The price? Free!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Odyssey's have enough cup holders sometimes they could be trash can for couple of hours until we make it to our final destination.

------------------
Odyssey 97 LX 152,000 miles
Odyssey 02 EX Redrock Pearl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts