Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to buy after market front strut for my 07 odyssey and can't seem to find them any where. If anyone purchased one recently please share your experience in purchasing and ride quality after the installations.

Thanks a lot....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Up to now, there were no aftermarket front struts for the 05+ vans, you could only Honda's. Monroe has added part number for them recently, but the may not yet be available.

You can use the search to find the thread, I don't have it on hand.

Nicolas

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done some research and found the same information from Monroe's wesite for front struts. The problem here is I can't find anyone carrying it so it looks like I'll have to wait for a while. I never used Monroe sensa-trac strut/shock before and wondering if this is any better or worse than oem stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done some research and found the same information from Monroe's wesite for front struts. The problem here is I can't find anyone carrying it so it looks like I'll have to wait for a while. I never used Monroe sensa-trac strut/shock before and wondering if this is any better or worse than oem stuff.
For what's it is worth, I put Monroe Sensa-Tracs on my Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace OEM dampers and they improved ride quality dramatically (and not just because I replaced old dampers). It rode better than it did when it was new, they didn't cost me an arm and a leg and my local Sears installed them for free. When it comes time to replace dampers on our Ody, I won't hesitate to run Monroe, unless reviews on this forum dictate otherwise. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply liv2bike and I checked with multiple on-line stores that the front struts won't be available until June time frame. They think it's too early for 3rd gen odyssey to replace them but it all depends on mileages on your car, I think.

My rear shock is on its way along with H&R lowering spring (51815R) so I'll probably replace the rear shock and f&r springs first until the front strut is available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts