Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new here - a first time Honda owner as of yesterday. We are looking to get a good deal on the Honda Care extended warranty. We are aware that we can purchase this from any dealership. Do you have any recommended dealerships to try first that have the lowest prices?

By the way, we paid $28800 (including destination charge) + $100 processing for a 2012 Odyssey EX. The rest was tags and tax. Did we get a good deal? I still feel shaky from having spent so much money at one time (although we are doing 0.9% financing for 3 yrs).

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like you got a pretty fair deal.... Check out Truecar.com. They provide info on pricing (probably would have been helpful BEFORE you purchased) but as it turned out, you basically got a dealer invoice price - which is very good. As for the Honda Care, look on the fourm under warranties. Much is written there about places that provide good prices on HondaCare. You just need to kind of figure out how long you want protection for, and how many miles you anticipate driving the van and want to be protected for.

Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I will do a search for the warranty on this site.
Yes, I had seen the true car info. I tried hard to get below our price, called around local dealerships etc. Our dealership would not budge lower and the other places said they could not match it. Does getting it even only slightly below dealer invoice/dealer cost really mean "they are losing money on the car"? That is what we were told from numerous sources, but I have to admit I was hoping to get it for lower than that. Had bad dreams all last night that I got ripped off. Haha. Oh dear. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Being as old as I am, I have learned to do my best (whether that is trying to negotiate a car or a business deal, or develop a friendship) and when a decision is made, forget about second guessing myself. From that point you can learn for the next time and or strategize how to maximize the outcome, but second guessing what could have been doesn't typically make for productive use of time (including sleep time). Let it go. Enjoy your acquisition of the new car.

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try contacting Bernardi Honda.
I got a great deal through them. I think Honda forced delerships to stop selling the extended warranties over the internet, or maybe providing pricing but they can still sell them I think.
I got a 7 year 120,000 mile warranty with $0 deductible from them a couple of years ago for my 2009. My local dealshipp wanted a couple hunred more and that was though a 3rd party warranty provider that had $50 deductible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being as old as I am, I have learned to do my best (whether that is trying to negotiate a car or a business deal, or develop a friendship) and when a decision is made, forget about second guessing myself. From that point you can learn for the next time and or strategize how to maximize the outcome, but second guessing what could have been doesn't typically make for productive use of time (including sleep time). Let it go. Enjoy your acquisition of the new car.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I appreciate the advice and I am going to do my best to take it. I think I second guess too much in general. I had not come up with a New Year's resolution yet, but I think I just found one :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try contacting Bernardi Honda.
I got a great deal through them. I think Honda forced delerships to stop selling the extended warranties over the internet, or maybe providing pricing but they can still sell them I think.
I got a 7 year 120,000 mile warranty with $0 deductible from them a couple of years ago for my 2009. My local dealshipp wanted a couple hunred more and that was though a 3rd party warranty provider that had $50 deductible.

Thanks for the tip about Bernardi. I will contact them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's a pretty long (maybe 50 pages) thread on this topic in the warranty section of this board.

I live in California so the most recommended dealer to buy Honda Care from online in Hyannis doesn't work for me. I tried both Curry and Saccucci; however, and got far cheaper quotes from both of them than what my dealer is asking here in S. CA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Da Hapa

I also live in CA just wondering can you share how much you got for the honda care?

Thanks

There's a pretty long (maybe 50 pages) thread on this topic in the warranty section of this board.

I live in California so the most recommended dealer to buy Honda Care from online in Hyannis doesn't work for me. I tried both Curry and Saccucci; however, and got far cheaper quotes from both of them than what my dealer is asking here in S. CA.

·
Registered
5 Posts

We just purchased a 2012 EX from Hardin Honda by the Honda Center. They were offering something similar to Honda Care for about $1100. We decided to go with Saccucci Honda's 96 months / 120k miles / $0.00 deductible for $1255.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i took the Hyannis quote to my dealer when I bought my EX-L ($1,270 for the 8/120). The finance manager told me he couldn't match it because it was $25 under his cost and he couldn't sell the EW for under-cost or at no profit. We negotiated $1,395, giving him a $100 and me the ability to roll the EW into my loan (.9%). When I bought my '04 I found the dealer then too was willing to negotiate on the EW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased the 8 year 120,000 mile 0 deductible Hondacare warranty for $1270.00 + tax from a local dealership in central Ohio. The finance manager said they were making $90.00 on the warranty.
This was at the end of October.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts