Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am about to change the timing belt on my 03 Ody. I called Honda and they only replace the belt, waterpump and tensioner but not the idler or tensioner pulley. They want $900 for the job. I wanted to replace the wp, tbelt, tensioner and both idler pulleys. Is there a reason to not replace them?

Also where is the best place to get parts? I have seen some on Ebay for less than $300 but not familiar with the supplier. Who do you guys use?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Search around on here and you'll find tons of posts some with all the p/n's. Some people do all the stuff others do not. I did the water pump and idlers. I suggest OEM all the way. Bernardi Honda and Majestic Honda have the best prices. Another is Hondapartscheap or something like that. Not a terrible job to replace if mechanically inclined. Starter bump trick is great and mark the pulleys/old belt for transferal to new saves time.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I get the kits from the ebay store "Timing Belt Kit Pro". Contains high quality parts and most of what you need, other than the dipstick o-ring and the serpentine belt tensioner which I suggest you replace also. You will also need a couple gallons of the blue Honda pre-mix antifreeze. I think Advance Auto Parts still sells the NGK spark plugs for $10 each, which is a good deal. Think about replacing brake fluid and PS fluid for a total service! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts