Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2005 EX-L new. Never did anything but change oil, pads and tires. Not an excuse, but I owned mostly standards my whole life, never though about the ATF. House, young kids, just never thought about ATF. So now at 112k, I get a small shutter in every gear when at 1500 rpm and on a slight incline. If I hit the gas harder it shifts fine. So I changed the first four quarts today. The fluid was brown. The plug had a greyish sludge on it. I'm a bit nervous, but once I jumped in and took it for a ride, the transmission shifted as smooth as I can remember. Hopefully I avoided disaster. I'm going to change it again in 2k miles, then again at another 2k miles. hopefully I don't introduce too much new ATF after 7 years too quickly. We love this van, we've driven several newer vans, Kia, Sienna, and grand caravan. All of which were 5 years newer than my Ody...Honda has it over all of them. Toyota's quality is great, but the ride is squishy, don't like that. I like to feel the road and the way the Ody reacts to my driving. The Kia probably can beat the Ody in a race, but it is noisy and not as well built...I have hope for that one though. Forget about the Dodge, it sucks all the way around. Yeah it has nice features, but that's it. At some point you gotta drive it and it will disappoint you. Next step is the timing belt and water pump.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Good reminder for everyone! Which ATF did you use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts