Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cleaned & washed the Ody & washed & waxed my wife's sister's Mazda Protege. (I dont plan to wax mine until I get the Zaino)

Couple of obeservations:

I can reach 95% of the Ody by standing on my toes & on the rear tire. Is there any problem with standing on the rear tires to reach the roof?

The Protege looked bad; being from Houston she confessed she had driven through water up to the bumpers during the Big Flood. That explained alot of it.

The Protege (for a 14k car) also came w/ foglights. That still bugs me a bit that Honda couldn't either (a) make them standard on the Ody or (b) not charge so dang much for them.

Her Protege is only 8 months old or so and had plenty of rock-dings. That scares me and makes me think maybe I'd better go ahead & get the air deflector for the van.

Anyway, took me about 4 hours to get evrything all cleaned & shiny (nu-finish, wheel cleaning & tire-foaming on the Protege) but it looks really good.

I don't have a point to this post; I'm just rambling and missing not being able to really detail the van yet. I may just go ahead & order the zaino & not wait for the group purchase to happen. I can't stand waiting! I feel like my poor van is 'naked'!

------------------
Marvyn
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights * weathertech floor mats

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
Just cleaned & washed the Ody & washed & waxed my wife's sister's Mazda Protege. (I dont plan to wax mine until I get the Zaino)

Couple of obeservations:

I can reach 95% of the Ody by standing on my toes & on the rear tire. Is there any problem with standing on the rear tires to reach the roof?

The Protege looked bad; being from Houston she confessed she had driven through water up to the bumpers during the Big Flood. That explained alot of it.

The Protege (for a 14k car) also came w/ foglights. That still bugs me a bit that Honda couldn't either (a) make them standard on the Ody or (b) not charge so dang much for them.

Her Protege is only 8 months old or so and had plenty of rock-dings. That scares me and makes me think maybe I'd better go ahead & get the air deflector for the van.

Anyway, took me about 4 hours to get evrything all cleaned & shiny (nu-finish, wheel cleaning & tire-foaming on the Protege) but it looks really good.

I don't have a point to this post; I'm just rambling and missing not being able to really detail the van yet. I may just go ahead & order the zaino & not wait for the group purchase to happen. I can't stand waiting! I feel like my poor van is 'naked'!

</font>
It's ok Marvn, you can stand on the rear tires to help clean the top. Just make sure you don't lose your balance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts