Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add the gold "EX" emblem to my Odyssey. I've herd from other posts that H and A accessories has one from a Civic or Accord model. Can someone shed some light on which one matches my current gold kit?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I see that no one has answered this; I am also interested in adding an "EX" to my gold kit, primarily to set it off from the others I see.

Perhaps I'll just order whatever Trevor has available.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Where are you going to put your gold "EX"? Close to your gold odyssey?

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 speakers,
Lojack

·
Registered
568 Posts
landonk:

somehow can't open the picture you email!

------------------
'01 GG EX
Lojack

·
Registered
568 Posts
Landonk:

Very good. Is it Accord's "EX"? Is there any hole to drill to put EX emblem on?

I am thinking to change my Odyssey emblem to gold too. But some friends told me they have their car registration sticker on the rear license plate stolen. Make me wondering.

bjk

------------------
'01 GG EX
Lojack

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The emblem is from a 01 Civic Sedan .http://www.hondapartsforyou.com/odyssey/index-alloy.html $8.19 Just peel and stick the EX and Odyssey emblem. The 2 "H" emlems has holes pre drilled. No holes to drill on any emblem application. Takes about 30 minutes to do whole kit.

------------------
01' TW EX-Splash Guards,
Cargo Tray, Gold Emblems w/"EX", Tinted Windows, Pioneer TS-A1655 Front Speaker Upgrade.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Landonk:

I read the Gold emblem installation instructions. Do you have remove the front grill to remove the H emblem? Also do you use string to cut the rear H front the lifting gate? What kind of string do you use?

My daughter said her friend can pop Accord's H off with just a credit card. She saw her friend did it at school parking lot, coz the guy pissed her friend off so her friend decided to pop the H emblem off with her credit card.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Lojack

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you have to remove the grill, but it is very simple to do. Take a flet screwdriver and pop off rivots. They go back on VERY easily. I would use a piece of yarn to remove the emblems. I tried a pice of thread doubled up, but it broke about 5 times.I would have paid $5 for a piece of yarn at the time. Don't worry about the "H" emblems on the Odyssey. They have prongs that protrude into the vehicles body and it would be hard to remove in a hurry.. HOWEVER the "Odyssey" and "EX" emblem are just peel and stick applications. Also I used Re-Solv-it Citrus Cleaner on the old 3M tape from Silver emblems and it came right off without damaging the paint.

------------------
01' TW EX-Splash Guards,
Cargo Tray, Gold Emblems w/"EX", Tinted Windows, Pioneer TS-A1655 Front Speaker Upgrade.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm still really interested in replacing one (or more) of my "H" or "Odyssey" emblems w/ some type of "OC" emblem.

That would be cooler than the "LaGreat" emblem IMO as its more of a collector thing and it would make it easier for us to find each other! (^_^)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Does Gold emblem go with GG ody?

------------------
'01 GG EX
Lojack

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gold emblems?

Sorry, I personally don't care for faux-gold emblems on any car. I saw a blue Civic Si (like mine) in Columbia, MO, a few weeks ago with a gold package. I almost lost my lunch.

If it's your style, have fun with it. I just think they look cheesy.

The OC idea is pretty cool. One thing you might notice about Civics is that they look really good with the H removed completely:

However, the Ody's H seems to be integrated into the grill material. At least that's what I saw when I gave it a cursory glance. I don't get any quality time with the Ody b/c it's my wife's daily driver. And, when we're home together (not very often), she'd rather have me inside with her than outside with the van. Go figure.

Does OdyClub have any window stickers? That might look nice in the rear windows, expecially against the dark tint.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i concur, the gold emblems look cheap. especially if the chrome on the grille can not be converted to gold.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess opinions are like.............well you get the picture.
My Gold Emblems look awesome on my '01 Taffeta White Ody!!!! I agree on some vehicles the gold package looks cheap, BUT it looks great on my Ody van. Especially the "EX".....nobody around here has it on theirs.

------------------
01' TW EX-Splash Guards,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts