Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change out my spark plugs and I'm living overseas. I checked online and searched here and some are saying NGK ZFR5F-11. Now, I pulled my plugs and the previous owner had NGK ZFR6F-11. Suggestions?

Vehicle: 96 Honda Odyssey/Shuttle (OBD I).

Very soon I will be doing some maintenance on the fuel injectors, egr, etc because I'm getting about 12 mpg. I saw the write-up and it seems like a good time to do it before our summer trips.

Last week I started to see blue smoke out the back when taking off from a stop so I'll be switching to a heavier oil to see if that helps. :frown:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
EGR clean
Manifold clean
throttle body clean
Air Filter
Trans Fluid
Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Distributor rotor
Valve Adjustment

That's pretty much for a tune up I can think of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGR clean
Manifold clean
throttle body clean
Air Filter
Trans Fluid
Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Distributor rotor
Valve Adjustment

That's pretty much for a tune up I can think of.
I was referring to your DIY that was posted for the injectors.

So, what NGK plugs? 5's or 6's? As I said above, the car had 6' but Autozone, etc says 5's. I'm talking non-platinum just V-powers.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
V-Powers if you plan on changing them every 30K miles. I use Platinum and change them that interval as well. I also do trans fluid changes ever 15K miles...but that is why my 260,000 mile transmission shifts like butter.... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V-Powers if you plan on changing them every 30K miles. I use Platinum and change them that interval as well. I also do trans fluid changes ever 15K miles...but that is why my 260,000 mile transmission shifts like butter.... :)
V-power ZFR5F-11 or ZFR6F-11 as from my first post? I'm still debating as my van had 6's in them and websites say 5's?

thanks, now will just need to find it here in Germany:(
Hey, if I can get some shipped here from the States to Italy I'll try and get you some. Depending on where you're at, I'm about a 5 hour drive from Munich.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 98 Ody and have been runnin E3 Diamond Fire plugs for the last two years. Change about every 30K and they have done very well for me. Easy to install, no gapping needed, and reliable. I believe they are ES.48 for my 98 and you can get them on Amazon so should be easy to get delivered to Germany.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey said:
hey mang, appreciate that, lmk if got my trans fluids, maybewe can work something out, btw, i'm a bit farther southwest, but no biggy, lets hook up or if you all down to Germany lmk asap, thanks again!

I have a 98 Ody and have been runnin E3 Diamond Fire plugs for the last two years. Change about every 30K and they have done very well for me. Easy to install, no gapping needed, and reliable. I believe they are ES.48 for my 98 and you can get them on Amazon so should be easy to get delivered to Germany.
sir his from Italy and i'm the one from Germany

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey mang, appreciate that, lmk if got my trans fluids, maybewe can work something out, btw, i'm a bit farther southwest, but no biggy, lets hook up or if you all down to Germany lmk asap, thanks again!
I'll keep checking. I've called a few places in the states and they don't have the license to send the transmission fluid. I really don't want to purchase it on the economy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts