Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I posed a previous thread on this forum about purchasing a Pacifica or Odyssey. Since I have narrowed my choice downs to Odyssey I want to see what would be my best purchase option given my circumstances?

This is where I am at. The used Pacifica I found had a bunch of warranty issues taken to the Chrysler dealer when it was still under bumper to bumper warranty and the Chrysler dealer advised I don't buy it. Since I don't want a new 2020 Pacifica I am back to Honda Odyssey. Here are the options I am looking at now. My plan is not to keep this car long term maybe 2-3 because I do eventually want the Pacifica AWD after it launches in 2021, but I do want good resale on whatever I purchase. I do need DVD in my vehicle and leather, and will be adding roof rails for sure and ideally a tow hitch unless the vehicle comes with it already (one option I have found).

1. New 2019 Elite - I have been able to get the price down to $40,800 before taxes and fees (not my 1st color choice though) + $695 in dealer accessories thrown in for FREE.
2. New 2020 EXL w/ RES & NAV - Will be apprx $35,800-$36,700 before taxes and fee.
3. Used 2018 Touring with 13,600 miles on it. Bumper to bumper warranty will expire July this year. Price is $32,000 and I will need to pay about an extra $800 to get it home as it is located very far from me and will add about 1,500 miles on it.
4. Used 2018 Elite with 25k miles on it. Bumper to Bumper warranty will expire August this year. Asking price is $37500, I am hoping to get it lower. What do you think is a fair price? I would think maybe 33k or 34k? It has lots of OEM extras roof rail, roof racks, tow hitch, special paint protection that cost 5k, etc.and the owner put lots of care and maintenance into it.
5. New 2020 Touring $40,515 before taxes and fee in the color I want (which is essentially the same price as the 2019 new Elite).

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go with the 2020 Touring & shop around try to knock off $2000-3000
I have shopped tons of dealerships even some out of state, seems the $40,515 is the lowest I can get. Any tips or locations you know of where I could get it cheaper?

·
Registered
285 Posts
2. New 2020 EXL w/ RES & NAV - Will be apprx $35,800-$36,700 before taxes and fee.

Best option for you. 3 year warranty is a big thing especially if you keeping it for 2-3 years

·
Registered
444 Posts
I replied in your other thread: EXL, without NAV/RES.

I thought RES was a must have feature, but it rarely gets used. If I could do-over, I'd pocket the $2000 and use it for something else, like a summer vacation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replied in your other thread: EXL, without NAV/RES.

I thought RES was a must have feature, but it rarely gets used. If I could do-over, I'd pocket the $2000 and use it for something else, like a summer vacation.
Thanks for the feedback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts