Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my state inspection due next month and I know my tires are borderline legal, so it's probably time to start looking into replacements should I fail inspection next month, though I should probably get them replaced soon regardless. I live in Upstate NY so we have snow in the winter, though I never swap out for snow tires in the winter. I always just get a good set of all season tires, and then don't drive like an idiot, and never had any problems.

I was looking at the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred & Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring. Both seem pretty highly rated as all-season tires, though I can't figure out what the difference is between the two. Anyone know?

I was never that impressed with the stock tires that came with the van. I don't know if its the tires or the van, but I am unable to risk any sort of fast acceleration from stop or the tires will spin out. I'm hoping new tires will improve that situation.

I drive a fair bit so I'd prefer to get at least 80k tires so I can get a few years out of them.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Which Odyssey model and tire size? I have a 19 Elite with 235/55/19 as the tire size. Getting close to replacement time - this is my shortlist. (I live in northern NJ)

Michelin Defender LTX
BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT
Continental CrossContact LX25
Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady
Vredstein Quatrac Pro

The BFG, Goodyear, and Vredstein tires are 3PMSF rated, so they are likely to perform better in winter conditions. I had the Michelin Defender LTX on our previous minivan and they were fantastic.

I've got my state inspection due next month and I know my tires are borderline legal, so it's probably time to start looking into replacements should I fail inspection next month, though I should probably get them replaced soon regardless. I live in Upstate NY so we have snow in the winter, though I never swap out for snow tires in the winter. I always just get a good set of all season tires, and then don't drive like an idiot, and never had any problems.

I was looking at the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred & Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring. Both seem pretty highly rated as all-season tires, though I can't figure out what the difference is between the two. Anyone know?

I was never that impressed with the stock tires that came with the van. I don't know if its the tires or the van, but I am unable to risk any sort of fast acceleration from stop or the tires will spin out. I'm hoping new tires will improve that situation.

I drive a fair bit so I'd prefer to get at least 80k tires so I can get a few years out of them.

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which Odyssey model and tire size? I have a 19 Elite with 235/55/19 as the tire size. Getting close to replacement time - this is my shortlist. (I live in northern NJ)

Michelin Defender LTX
BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT
Continental CrossContact LX25
Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady
Vredstein Quatrac Pro

The BFG, Goodyear, and Vredstein tires are 3PMSF rated, so they are likely to perform better in winter conditions. I had the Michelin Defender LTX on our previous minivan and they were fantastic.
I have an EX-L, so the 18" tires. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Depend on your driving style, whether you drive with same wheels year round. Weather in your state.
For all seasons I recommend Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. They're UHP AS (Ultra high performance all season) tires that do great in dry and wet conditions and even pretty good in light snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts