Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. In the attached image, which way does the transmission fluid flow in the ATF Hose? I.e., specifically in the ATF Hose, does the fluid flow from left-to-right... or does it flow from from right-to-left?

2. Does the filter have a bypass valve? I.e., if the filter becomes clogged, does fluid still flow through it (via a bypass valve)?

Thanks for your help.

Honda Odyssey - AT Oil Jet Kit.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look at the hose/line in the image that's labeled "ATF HOSE." On the left side of the image, it's attached to the FILTER. On the right side of the image, it's attached to the TRANSMISSION.

1. - Which way does transmission fluid flow in the ATF HOSE... from left-to-right... or from right-to-left... which one?

2. - If the filter becomes clogged, does it have a bypass valve that allows fluid to continue to flow?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Per the hydraulic flow diagram in the shop manual, flow is left-to-right in your diagram. i.e. fluid enters the base of the filter, then into the hose, then into the sump.

IIRC, someone dissected the filter and did find a bypass valve, similar to that in an engine oil filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts