Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I leave the van running and lock the doors with door switch to go into store, upon returning it will not let me unlock the doors with the fob or the key. Called wrecker service 3 times to get he car opened. I've tried every combination on key pushes. Nothing works. I do not have remote start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
And to follow up the inevitable question - it's in the fob. Look for a little catch on the back of it, while tugging at the silver bit. Voila! A short key will come out and you can use it on the manual lock on the door. I've saved you a search on YT.....like I had to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I leave the van running and lock the doors with door switch to go into store, upon returning it will not let me unlock the doors with the fob or the key. Called wrecker service 3 times to get he car opened. I've tried every combination on key pushes. Nothing works. I DO NOT HAVE REMOVE START.
So... you cannot afford your wrecker guy anymore, why did you call him 3 times?
I DO NOT HAVE REMOTE START ON MY CAR EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
279 Posts
When I leave the van running and lock the doors with door switch to go into store, upon returning it will not let me unlock the doors with the fob or the key. Called wrecker service 3 times to get he car opened. I've tried every combination on key pushes. Nothing works. I DO NOT HAVE REMOVE START.
the girl in the woods will always be with you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And to follow up the inevitable question - it's in the fob. Look for a little catch on the back of it, while tugging at the silver bit. Voila! A short key will come out and you can use it on the manual lock on the door. I've saved you a search on YT.....like I had to.
Thank you for the information but, I knew that because as stated the key did not work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the information but, I knew that because as stated the key did not work.
Grin. I expected someone *else to ask. Its not intuitive and I've run into a fair amount of folks who don't know. More for the thread searchers of the future. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
When I leave the van running and lock the doors with door switch to go into store, upon returning it will not let me unlock the doors with the fob or the key. Called wrecker service 3 times to get he car opened. I've tried every combination on key pushes. Nothing works. I DO NOT HAVE REMOTE START.
Not sure why you have to yell that you don't have a remote start...we can hear you just fine.

Have you tried locking it with key and then unlocking with the key? Another thread seems to indicate that that will work.

6th post down, from The Block:

Not ideal, but assuming it works, it gets you where you want to be.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,974 Posts
Test all the various scenarios with the front window open so you can always reach in to unlock the van...

-Charlie

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Test all the various scenarios with the front window open so you can always reach in to unlock the van...

-Charlie
And keep your finger on the Unlock button on the fob so you can turn the alarm off.

DAMHIKT

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
5,447 Posts
Must be a new Odyssey thing. Both my Odyssey and Accord have lockout prevention when the key is in the ignition, engine running or not.

Reactions: OddyseyRaceTeam

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 Odyssey EX-L and we travel quite frequently and have been locked out multiple times. The problem is our dog travels with us and sometimes we stop to get a bite to eat or run into a store and leave our little dog in the vehicle with it running. He sometimes jumps on the drivers door to look out the window just right and locks the doors. First time it happened we called a pop a lock service and $50 later we were back inside the vehicle. For the record, it took the pop a lock guy less than 30 seconds to open the door. He asked for my key fob and slid the key out. Then he put it in the door, turned it one way, then the other and viola, the door unlocked itself. I was like......wait wait wait...you mean there is a key inside the remote?? LOL, he still charged me 50 bucks. Since then, it has happened several times and the key works just fine. Turn it right, then left and it will unlock. If yours is not unlocking, then you have a more serious problem, but ours works every time

·
Banned
279 Posts
When I leave the van running and lock the doors with door switch to go into store, upon returning it will not let me unlock the doors with the fob or the key. Called wrecker service 3 times to get he car opened. I've tried every combination on key pushes. Nothing works. I do not have remote start.
you're gonna feel better after this true story. a real estate guy visits here, and loses his $1400 Merc key! Yeah a gen 4 cant be left runnin & locked, my hoda factory eng. friend says. it's poor environmental except when you're keepin dogs and kids alive

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
..leave our little dog in the vehicle with it running. He sometimes jumps on the drivers door to look out the window just right and locks the doors.
What about keeping the valet key in your wallet? Or is that no longer available on this generation?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
LOL, he still charged me 50 bucks.
Unless you were stuck right outside his shop, I'd say you got off cheap. He still had to drive to and from. And you're paying for his accumulated knowledge. And your bypassing reading the boooooring OM.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts