Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Honda Odyssey have been showing whistle noise at the 2-4 speed of HVAC since I bought in November, 2017. So I visited Honda service three times. But they couldn't fix this issue yet. And recently they replaced blow motor, but this noise didn't disappear.

Can you please help me know how I can fix this whistle noise of HVAC?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a subtle squeaking noise. The dealer also replaced the blower motor, which didn't fix the problem. Not sure what else it could be. My warranty runs out soon, so I would like to get it fixed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 2018 Honda Odyssey have been showing whistle noise at the 2-4 speed of HVAC since I bought in November, 2017. So I visited Honda service three times. But they couldn't fix this issue yet. And recently they replaced blow motor, but this noise didn't disappear.

Can you please help me know how I can fix this whistle noise of HVAC?
I used to have something similar in my old Ody whenever the cabin filter would get clogged with leaves/debris.
When was the last time you replaced your cabin filter?

a

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the same issue with my 2019. It's driving me nuts. Whistling/squeaky blower noise from levels 1 to 4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my 2018 EXL, I hear this annoying high pitch noise when the fan is on (without AC). Is this the same thing you guys are describing?

·
Registered
2005 EXL donated 243K ,2019sienna XLE AWD
1,124 Posts
5th gen ody has tubes for moving air to the second and third row seats. These long conduits may have small openings causing a whistling effect. Just a guess.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There is a service bulletin from Honda addressing this issue. The tech kept telling me they couldn’t duplicate the issue. I printed out this bulletin, and they fixed it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Would this be fixed even though I’m out of warranty?
Never hurts to ask. I would print that and let them know how long it’s been happening for. Also let them know that you feel it should bee covered under warranty since it started occurring before the warranty expired. You may get lucky and have them cover it but I don’t think they have any obligation to because it doesn’t appear to be a recall, just a service bulletin to let techs know how to fix the issue when it’s comes in with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is a service bulletin from Honda addressing this issue. The tech kept telling me they couldn’t duplicate the issue. I printed out this bulletin, and they fixed it.

I did the same but they were not able to replicate the issue so they were not comfortable implementing the fix in the TSB. Very frustrating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts