Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed some new white 5000K Fog lights to match with my factory HID on my Touring.

I know some may say white lights for fog doesn't illuminate much on the road I mostly got them for the look as I don't really need yellow lights for fogs or like the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
i second the motion .. just got my EXL-REs and i really needing to put on some Fog lights on it ..... also actually need to put hid on the heads too pls share some sellers info thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone provide insight as to how much improvement, if any, the foglights provide under normal and/or foggy conditions? I've been thinking about ordering a pair to install on my EXL, and probably use 2500K or 3000K bulbs, but I haven't seen too much feedback on the effectiveness of the OEM foglights in the intended use in the fog or as an auxiliary light in darkness.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is that a 5,000K HID inside a foglight housing?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can anyone provide insight as to how much improvement, if any, the foglights provide under normal and/or foggy conditions? I've been thinking about ordering a pair to install on my EXL, and probably use 2500K or 3000K bulbs, but I haven't seen too much feedback on the effectiveness of the OEM foglights in the intended use in the fog or as an auxiliary light in darkness.
I wondered the same before ordering the fog-lights when I purchased our EX-L. The fog-light bulb is the same halogen H11 bulb used in the headlamps (on non-projector headlight cars as well as the projector headlamps on the 2011 Odyssey). And, I found that the fog-lights are like another set of headlamps coming from your vehicle. Was very impressed with the fog-lamp housing and beam-pattern, spreading out wide and low in front.

Unfortunately (or is that fortunately), we’ve not had that much fog where I live and so haven’t tested it out yet in true fog conditions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread... has anyone else had success in doing this? i really dislike how the hid's and fogs dont match.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The idea of a foglight is to provide low to the ground light, directly in front of the vehicle. Headlights as you may know, tend to bounce off the fog directly in front of you.

Under normal, non-foggy conditions, they do provide a bit more light in front and off the sides of the car. Doesn't help light up the area down the road very much, if at all. But they do look cool :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts