Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings OdyFriends,
Does anyone have a pic of a white diamond pearl odyssey beside a white taffeta. Looking at purchasing the white vehicle but the dealers in my area do not have either color on the lots. I used the search to see the colors and only saw either a white diamond pearl alone of the taffeta alone but they look the same. Thank you for any assistance. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
White diamond pearl is only available in either Touring or Touring Elite. If you are purchasing EX-L or below, Taffeta white is the only choice you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can get a deal on a 2011 touring taffeta white in another state or order a 2012 WDP locally. Just did not know what the difference was in color or if they are essentially the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A quick way to put it is Taffeta White is more like milk, and White Diamond Pearl has a little bit of sparkle in it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if ok with just comparing the colors themselves and unable to find a pair of ody's in the two whites, check out the dealer's accord inventory for the accord ex-l v6 comes in the diamond pearl and the ex-l 4 cylinder come in taffeta. if i would of read this post earlier in the day, i would of shot a photo of my sister's (taffeta) and mother-in-law's (diamond pearl) accords (both 2010) sitting side by side in my driveway. in my opinion, the taffeta white is a straight forward clean bright white while the diamond pearl is a more complex white that has a richer feel and is creamier / not as white. the diamond pearl is a newer honda color while the taffeta has been around for some time (mother-in law's 1998 accord ex-l v6 was taffeta). if i were contemplating between an 11 or 12 ody touring, i would go with the 12 all things being equal to get the diamond pearl. hope that helps

·
Registered
122 Posts
Take your time and wander around in Photo Gallery.

Enjoy lousy quality pics.

I am going to compare food to color. Smart Milk=Taffeta white and coconut milk vanilla=White Diamond Pearl:) Yes Really.

·
Registered
359 Posts
the diamond pearl is a newer honda color while the taffeta has been around for some time (mother-in law's 1998 accord ex-l v6 was taffeta).
Actually the pearl is an older color too, but rare. The 97-98 Prelude had White Diamond Pearl. and then in 99 or 2000, it changed on the Prelude to Premium White Pearl (I bought one in 2000).

If you ever need paintwork, the pearl is tough to match. Like if you had a minor ding on the fender or something, it usually requires blending of the paint into adjacent body panels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your assistance and responses:) Both colors appear beautiful but I think we'll go for the newer year model.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I own a WDP and the color is amazing. The difference is that the white looks much deeper, more rich. Also, depending on the angle, and amount of light, you notice that the white becomes a little darker, like a white/beige type of pearl.

The Tafetta white is a good looking color as well....to each his own, but comparing side by side, I would go with the WDP.

Also, looking at the Honda Accord WDP, they seem to be sligfhtly different, or it could be that the WDP is enhanced more based on the style/angles and sheer size/volume of the Odyssey.

·
Registered
268 Posts
WDP is pretty lame compared to many of the brilliant white colors on the road today. Bring back Tafetta White!!

i prefer fleet white but had no choice, so wdp it is!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts