Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now our 96 Ody has suddenly started blowing white smoke out of the tail pipe but then goes away after a few minutes. Oil and antifreeze are still clear of head gasket damage gunk/foamy stuff. What else could it be?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bad brake booster diaphram and leaking master cylinder into the booster. There's a hose that connects to the intake and booster which pulls the fluid and burns it in the combustion chamber. But just one of other things it can be.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad brake booster diaphram and leaking master cylinder into the booster. There's a hose that connects to the intake and booster which pulls the fluid and burns it in the combustion chamber. But just one of other things it can be.
This explaines the missing brake fluid. I have to put brake brake fluid in every other week. Is there a used car dealership fix for this cause were gettin another ody soon and this problem is just one of many:-(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure what part of the country your from. If you live where they use salt in the winter, make sure you don't have a brake line leaking. Another cause could be oil leaking past the valve guides. I also have a thread on here about my 98 EX that was totaled, for parts. The booster and master cyl. are different than yours. If you need something else let me know. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts