Honda Odyssey Forum banner
321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Odyssey EX 268,000 miles
61 Posts
Holy cow! What are the chances, thanks God was only 25 miles away with you driving and no the wife. Yeah stay safe there and once u get home take a look at it and do some math. If body is fine, and for what I read, engine maintenance has been excellent 👍... I'll go ahead with the tranny rebuild. My wife would have call me from the nearest dealership to let me know she was on her way home with a 2021. LoL...Stay safe brother.
hahaha! thankfully I just bought my wife a car a few months ago (Toyota Avalon) so she isn't pressing me on the Odyssey at the moment. I raised all my kids in this Ody and she has been well maintained, so if I can get a decent price on the tranny then I will probably move forward with the repair even though it has 272,000+ on it.

I was thinking all the maintenance and repairs I have put into her the last three years. Motor still runs good.
Replaced the door rollers, starter, battery, new AC system, new timing belt, water pump, tensioners and pulleys, new belts, Replaced rear MICU brain box, New power steering pump, flushed power steering fluid, new power steering resevoir, Struts, CV axles, shocks, tie rods, control arms, ball joints, stabilizer bar end links and bushings, flushed cooling system and new coolant, Adjusted valves, cleaned intake and throttle body, replaced valve cover and intake gaskets, new PCV valve, New plugs, new wires, all new fuel injectors, replaced all O2 sensors, new catalytic convertor, rear main seal replaced, oil pan gasket replaced, new tires, replaced front bumper with a new prepainted one.....blah blah blah! Man it is hard to believe al the work I have put into this thing thinking I was going to get at least another 100,000 out of it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2005 EXL. 401,000 and still running

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wow.. still on original transmission and engine ? I guess your odyssey is the one with highest miles in the forum.

Mine is 2010 EX with 107k.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
2005 EXL, 235k miles, just had my transmission rebuilt.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
2,748 Posts
Wow.. still on original transmission and engine ? I guess your odyssey is the one with highest miles in the forum.

Mine is 2010 EX with 107k.
Highest active one anyway.

Reactions: saneeshd
321 - 328 of 328 Posts