Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for a little while for the guy who heated his stock coils to lower his van just a bit. My question for him would be; did you heat the lower or upper section of the coil spring?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You don't heat your springs, you either cut them or replace them.
Heating metal anneals it, making it soft and brittle. Not a good idea for something that is responsible for holding your vehicle up.

I know a local that is trying to sell a brand new set of Tein S-Techs I sold them since they just sold their van.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You don't heat your springs, you either cut them or replace them.
Heating metal anneals it, making it soft and brittle. Not a good idea for something that is responsible for holding your vehicle up.

I know a local that is trying to sell a brand new set of Tein S-Techs I sold them since they just sold their van.
how much man I just bought an ra1

·
Registered
93 Posts
i cut my front top 2 coils ... ride never changed ..
cut 1 off the rear and again ride still the same ..

but i got greedy wanted to go lower ... cut another off the front now the upper control arm hits under the fender well (wish i ONLY cut 2 on front ) but hey u live and learn ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
i cut my front top 2 coils ... ride never changed ..
cut 1 off the rear and again ride still the same ..

but i got greedy wanted to go lower ... cut another off the front now the upper control arm hits under the fender well (wish i ONLY cut 2 on front ) but hey u live and learn ..
What kind of drop did you get from 2 coils up front and 1 in the rear?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Please ONLY cut the TOP 2 Coils on the front and u should b fine and no issues of bottoming out ...

As for the rear I cut 1 coil there and also have the prelude ball joints installed ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts