Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Whoah! Pleasantly surprised by EX-L Gas Mileage!

19K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  amigajoe 
I bought a 2011 EX-L last month. Today we went on a mini road trip from Chattanooga, TN to Asheville, NC. I was amazed at the real-world gas mileage. I averaged 28.3 mpg on the 232 mile trip, as you can see in the attached picture. Most of the trip, cruise control was set to 69-70 mph. This was not a downhill trip; Chattanooga's elevation is around 650 feet, while Asheville's is around 2000 feet. I found the mpg pleasantly surprising, as the EX-L is rated at 27 mpg on the highway (whereas the Tourings with their 6-speeds are rated at 28 mpg). Have other 5-speed owners been seeing similar mileage? And are Touring owners still seeing an additional 1 mpg boost, in the 29.3 mpg range?

I have a 2011 touring as well and don't recall seeing that screen anywhere in the menus. How did you get to it?

Thanks,

R.

The EX-L Trip Computer (and EX Canadian) is a little bit different to the Touring one, so richpor you can check your navigation manual (page 79) for more info. I.e. The Tourings don't have a "Display" button, but you have an "Info" one. Same principle though
Thx!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.