Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color=blue>I have a very funny story to relate : Three days ago, while I was driving our 2000 MPV (I know, I know I'm on the Odyclub board--we're planning on selling it to buy the 02 Odyssey--that's why I'm here!)...I noticed a smell exactly like cigarette smoke
. Now, neither my wife or I smoke and we would never allow anyone who did to smoke in there, so I was really puzzled. Those of you with teenagers, I know what you're thinking (oh those sneaky teenagers), but our kids are only 21 mo. and 4 yrs!! I was alone in the car at the time, so I thought it must have been my imagination. However, later that day when my wife got home, her first remark when she walked in was, "Why does it smell like smoke in the van?" I told her that I had smelled it too and this caused us both to start thinking of all the possibilities-- Was the smell coming from the engine? No, it was definitely cigarette smoke. Hmm...We're the neighbors smoking around the van (we live in an apt.) and somehow the smoke went inside? No, all the windows were shut. Did someone break into the van who smoked? No sign of forced entry and the trip odometer hadn't changed, if we remembered correctly. And no one had borrowed the van. We couldn't come up with anything.

We dropped it and went on, but it still really bothered me, so that night I went out to the van to investigate
. When I opened the door, I could still smell the smoke. I checked the engine compartment, underneath the van, around the van--whatever I could think of--for a cigarette butt, or anything else that may be causing that smell. Nothing

I decided to give up and call it one of life's little mysteries. Until yesterday morning that is; when I hopped in the driver seat and started the van, I kicked something on the floor. I reached down to pick it up and guess what it was? A nasty, brown, fraying cigarette butt! And the air was set to floor and defrost, so half of the air was blowing right on the butt!!
</font>

[This message has been edited by hondaboy (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Where did it come from, and why isn't your van a smoldering heap?

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX - currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I guess I left that part out. It had to have stuck to one of our shoes, then fell off in the van. I'm not sure why we didn't notice it before.

[This message has been edited by hondaboy (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, Hondaboy. How do you write, using color blue like that? I seen people use red 2. Where can we change the color for the writing? Thanks!

Louise,

02, GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
OdyAngel:

I like <font color=red>Redrock Pearl</font>.

The above sentence was entered this way:

I like <font color=red>Redrock Pearl</font>.

You can use other common color words such as blue, green, brown, etc.. Beware of using white, for obvious reasons!

If you want to fine tune your color selection, you can use <a href="http://www.htmlsource.f2s.com/accessibility/nonditheringcolours.html">hex codes</a> instead of color names.

If you want to see how someone did anything on a web page, use the "view/source" capability of your browser. That will show you the HTML or UBB code that was used. If you are not familiar with HTML, then pick a simple page that has the feature you want to use and view that page, rather than a complex page.

Other simple variations are bold, italics, <u>underscore</u>, and <s>strikeout</s>, and <center>center</center>.

Regards,
------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
215 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canodyssey:
I can see the headlines:
"Ody owner solves mystery after smelling butt for two days"
</font>
Good one! Do you write the headlines for any of the newspapers or tabloids?

Al

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you <font color=Firebrick>Maugham</font> for your help and good information. That htlm site is a great source of info and will teach me a lot... Merci!

Louise,

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OdyAngel:
Thank you <font color=Firebrick>Maugham</font> for your help and good information. That htlm site is a great source of info and will teach me a lot... Merci!

Louise,
</font>

Louise,

Je suis heureux que le site ait été utile. Félicitations sur votre nouvelle compétence.

Les meilleurs souvenirs,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

1 - 12 of 12 Posts