Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Why Firestick cannot use in my 2019’?

5K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Stickyrice 
#1 ·
Anyone using the steaming devices on your Ody? I dont know why my firestick cannot be display, just flash screen and displayed no signal when power on!!

#15 ·
The FireStick uses a 16W charger whose input is 2.5Amps. The regular USB ports in the van do not support that, except the one in the center console (cubby).
Glad you got it figured out through an external power source.

#16 ·
The FireStick uses a 16W charger whose input is 2.5Amps. The regular USB ports in the van do not support that, except the one in the center console (cubby).
Glad you got it figured out through an external power source.
both usb port in the center console stated 2.5 amps. so it should work with either one. but only works on the right one (andriod auto port). I was confused initially and could not get it to work initially. I cannot use andriod auto + fire stick

#18 ·
Sometimes it is not enough to push more power through the USB. I think the 2.5A ports in the van support like 12W or something. Since the Fire Stick needs at least 16W, it could be a reason why it does not power up.
I was running a rear facing dash back on the back window in my Ridgeline and I used to get these weird issues with it, when plugging into a USB with 1.0A caused some weird issues. Running it out of a 3.0A socket fixed it and it is a 15W power socket.

#23 ·
This is a known hardware issue specific to the non-4K Firestick - it does not draw enough current from the USB port, even though it needs only 1A or so. The 4K Firestick works just fine in my van. It is overkill to use a 4K stick with a 1024x600 screen, but it is often on sale for just $35.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.