Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand businesses need to make money. I understand NY is not a cheap place to do business. But Lia Honda of Albany(part of the large Lia group of multiple brands in the Northest states) hit a new low for me.

I'll be doing the TB thing on my Ody, and was checking on the price for a new T-stat,19301-P8E-A10 :
Honda MSRP: $74.75
Majestic: $52.92
Lia: $224.25, exactly 300% of MSRP And that's over the counter, through their internet parts sales operation. It might be more for a service department customer.

Administrator
馃槻

Registered
"MSRP" is different at every location. That's why places like Alldiscountparts or HondaPartsGuys sell so cheap. There are 4 Honda dealers in Southern Nevada and they all have wildly different MSRPs. And many times the local Acura dealer is cheaper for the same part. Just gotta shop around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"MSRP" is different at every location.
This is simply a wrong statement. Don't know where you picked up this particular piece of fiction, but that's what it is, fiction.

Administrator
"MSRP" is different at every location. That's why places like Alldiscountparts or HondaPartsGuys sell so cheap. There are 4 Honda dealers in Southern Nevada and they all have wildly different MSRPs. And many times the local Acura dealer is cheaper for the same part. Just gotta shop around.
Do you know what the M stands for in the acronym MSRP?

Registered
Oh my!
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
Ted only posted one MSRP, and 3 different prices. 2 below MSRP, and his favorite stealership way above MSRP.

• Love
Reactions: dvpatel

Administrator
Oh my!
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
Ted only posted one MSRP, and 3 different prices. 2 below MSRP, and stealership way above MSRP.
I was asking the guy who is claiming MSRP is "different" at different dealers. MSRP is always the same since the manufacturer set it. The dealers add on markup on top which is what makes the prices at each dealership different.

BTW. You edited your post and added the last line while I was typing my response. :D

Registered
I understand businesses need to make money. I understand NY is not a cheap place to do business. But Lia Honda of Albany(part of the large Lia group of multiple brands in the Northest states) hit a new low for me.

I'll be doing the TB thing on my Ody, and was checking on the price for a new T-stat,19301-P8E-A10 :
Lia: $224.25, exactly 300% of MSRP And that's over the counter, through their internet parts sales operation. It might be more for a service department customer.
$225 for Thermostat? Yikes!
Does that include installation and a Coolant Flush?

Administrator
$225 for Thermostat? Yikes!
Does that include installation and a Coolant Flush?
They'd also need to include an oil/filter change and a tranny D&F for that price. :D

Reactions: Pixburd54

Registered
Lia: $224.25, exactly 300% of MSRP
Did you challenge them on it?

Could be an error in their price list...

Reactions: driveguy1

Registered
Did you challenge them on it?

Could be an error in their price list...
@Ted, they prolly just misplaced the decimal point. I heard that math skills have been lost since the lockdowns.

But look at the bright side, at least it's available.

Reactions: mikmcd

Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
@Ted, they prolly just misplaced the decimal point. I heard that math skills have been lost since the lockdowns.

But look at the bright side, at least it's available.
Of course they did, they meant for the price to actually be $2242.50! I'm sure the guy who did that is being chewed out by his boss for causing them major revenue losses...

Registered

If you were in NYC id sell you mine, didnt get it replaced with the tb

I paid $33.00 per type 2 antifreeze jug at my local dealer 馃槩 馃槩 馃槩

Registered

Call and speak to someone and ask them to verify the price. People make mistakes entering data on the internet. If they confirm the price ask why it is 300% of the MSRP.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frankly, I'd much rather buy from Majestic. And this isn't a one-off. they charge around 150% of MSRP on most items.

Registered
You must understand that your Honda was engineered to make money for the dealerships, both in the beginning of your ownership, and throughout the time of its use. Honda has no responsibility to you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts