Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if it is possible to add / obtain the 2002 DVD system and use it as an add-on for 2001? It seems more convenient because it has the player built into the flip-down screen.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We picked up our 2002 silver EX two weeks ago and had the same question. Actually we wanted the DVD factory system but it was only available with leather. Apparently the only retro-fit factory system is for a VHS system and there is NO DVD available. It sounds ridiculous and obviously there is a missing market for this 'part'. Sounds like aftermarket may be the only answer...

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ptoeknee:
Does any one know if it is possible to add / obtain the 2002 DVD system and use it as an add-on for 2001? It seems more convenient because it has the player built into the flip-down screen.

Thanks.
</font>
It is probably POSSIBLE, but you can't buy the DVD system as an add on package. Might be able to piece together the system with Trevor's help at HandA, but that would definitely not be worth the cost.

Also, IIRC, the '02 RES system in the Ody has DVD player mounted in the dash, below the cupholder/coin tray. I saw what looked like a DVD player integral to the new Pilot's DVD fold-down screen, but am not aware of this option on the '02 Ody. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I saw what looked like a DVD player integral to the new Pilot's DVD fold-down screen,</font>
You mean the PR photo of the screen showing the dog in the display?

That's not a DVD player integrated up there. That's just the IR window, doing its imitation of a disc slot--courtesy the low-res photo.

That's the exact same system as what the Ody has.

In fact, look at the full-on dash shot, which shows the instrument panel and the center console area. You see the same Ody RES head unit up top, complete with CD and cassette; the dash vents below it; the climate control below that; and then the DVD player below that. (Although why the DVD player is taking up space the same size as the climate control, I don't know. Seems to me they could make that a little shelf underneath the DVD player.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts