Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all current Ody owners,

Would anyone of you be kind enough to measure the approximate width of Ody from the left rearview mirror to the right rearview mirror ? I know this sounds lika a weird question but I have a rather narrow driveway once my neighbor put up a fence (real jackass!). :-(
I really hate to scratch the mirrors the moment I get my 02 Ody. thanks for your help.

--Tony--

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tony, probably everyone in the world knew this except me: the mirrors fold in. It would be rather inconvenient to reach for the passenger-side one, but pulling in the driver side is a snap: I do it because our garage is a little narrower with the Ody filling it up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. However, looking at the exterior dimensions in the website, I can't really tell if the number includes the width of the rearview mirrors. That's why I ask for a verification....

--Tony

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tony the Tiger:
Thanks for the info. However, looking at the exterior dimensions in the website, I can't really tell if the number includes the width of the rearview mirrors. That's why I ask for a verification....

--Tony
</font>
I believe it includes the rear view mirrors in those measurements.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Does Honda refer to side mirrors as "rearview?"

<center>
</center>

------------------
'02 Redrock EX-L (on order)
'85 Prelude (that we'll keep forever!)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Speaking of width, my Ody just got into a tangle with a large bush on a narrow driveway, (bush 1, Ody 0). Anyway, the side view mirror on the passenger side actually folded back, not in. I don't know if it is supposed to fold that way but no damage was done. I dislike narrow driveways.

------------------
2001 EX, White, Trailer Hitch, Back-up Sensor, Heartland Console, Mudflaps,comp/temp Mirror,Muth signal side mirrors

·
Registered
568 Posts
Got an idea for next Ody Mod. ---- A wider driveway.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Lojack

·
Registered
529 Posts
Tony;
Seems like you're having trouble getting a simple answer, so I went out and measured my '99 Ody for you.

Its not as simple as it seems to do single-handed. I finally rolled down both front windows and inserted the tape through the car going behind the steering wheel and got as close as I could eye-balling from one side to the other. I make it about 7'3" (87").

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts