Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife took me and some friends out for beer tasting Saturday, she was DD and I think she hit the curb with my new MDX Sport 18's after dropping us off. Didn't see it until today as its on pass side. Not even sure she knew what she did.

Question is, what do I do? I'm pissed off, but but you know its already happened and she was taking me out for my birthday. Its only on the edge but a nice job of messing it up.:cry:

I've had the these wheels less than 6 months and the she hits a curb. Arrghhhh.. Do I need anger management, or should I just yell at her and get it off my chest??:ahh:

I'm going to try to smooth it out with a Dremel tool then paint.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dirkdaddy said:
Wife took me and some friends out for beer tasting Saturday, she was DD and I think she hit the curb with my new MDX Sport 18's after dropping us off. Didn't see it until today as its on pass side. Not even sure she knew what she did.

Question is, what do I do? I'm pissed off, but but you know its already happened and she was taking me out for my birthday. Its only on the edge but a nice job of messing it up.:cry:

I've had the these wheels less than 6 months and the bitch hits a curb. Arrghhhh.. Do I need anger management, or should I just yell at her and get it off my chest??:ahh:

I'm going to try to smooth it out with a Dremel tool then paint.
Been there done that. Just mellow out and be glad there's a woman who will tolerate you for who you are. Gotta move on...

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
You need help. Been to a shrink lately?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just love your wife and don't be mad. It is just a car and can be replaced / fixed.

As far as the wheels go, if they are painted silver you are in good shape. The wheel fix places can repair these nicely. If you want to try yourself, some JB weld fills in the voids, sand, and paint with matching paint.

If they are polished, not so sure.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think calling your wife a bitch shows your true colors.

Best of luck in your relationship.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, I hate when things like that happen. My girlfriend in college (now wife) borrowed my car once and scrubbed one of the white letter tires. I was not happy and I even took her to the scene of the crime so I could show her, jokingly, the piece of the tire lying next to the curb. We still laugh about it. She also let a shopping cart put the biggest dent in our last van. But yelling at her never crossed my mind, and definitely not calling her a name on a forum. I've got to agree with the others, it's just a car (or van). I am sure your wife knows how much pride you have in your cars and she will probably regret making that easy to make mistake. Maybe it will not look so bad after some work. Good luck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my vocabulary under stress and away from kids does resemble a sailors... was just trying to unload angst on a forum instead of yelling at her. I have yet to mention it to her even as she was grumpy as heck to me last night as I didn't think it would be productive, and I have my share of faults.

Just burns me a bit that we can't seem to keep anything nice, I would not have cared with my last beater van, we just got this one and I've been so careful to park way away from people. That's life I guess.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah, just chill.

raining here in socal and the other night my exit ramp was closed because some nut job flipped his car over on the 2 lane ramp.

caused crazy traffic and they closed the ramp.

i had to drive an additonal 4 miles to get off the freeway.

i'm sure that person wishes they only had curb rash.

... there's someone else who's got it worse.

joel

·
Registered
313 Posts
My wife and kids are the reason I have just given up on owning anything nice.

I use to get mad like you, now I just don't buy anything new or nice and I don't care anymore.

I might buy a nice car at some point later in life, but I fully intended my Ody to end up being a dented/scratched/carpet stained/curb checked/beater mobile.

That is why I bought it used with some 'wear' on it already :)

I am just glad it still starts and runs, I don't expect anything more out of it.

The only way I would get mad about it at this point is if she tells me that she wants a new van because this one looks like **** :) :) :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kenny

Yea, I hear you - this is a used van - although we shelled out a lot of dough for a '06 that everyone thinks is new when they see it.

My van I just sold two months ago, 200k on a Oldsmobile - that was a great beater. The rug looked like it had been in a frat house.

My other car is a '00 olds intrigue I got on Ebay for $4500 and we've driven a LOT but wife loves that car. So yea I still drive beaters but thought since hey, I didn't buy a new vehicle, I'll spring for some cool looking 18" wheels and new tires, and that look was unblemished for about 2 months.

I love her but dang it I'd like her to be able to keep a car w/o these little things.

Guys thanks for listening. You were right its not a big deal in the scheme of life. But still I'll keep her away from parallel parking.

·
Registered
221 Posts
edit: just saw your sig!!!

do you have a car for yourself?

we have the '09 odyssey.

wife has a 2000 4runner.

i have an '88 4runner :)

my '88 needs a bunch of work and a lot has been done already... but it's all mine - lol.

joel

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Ody is my "car", except for a little project car I'm working on - a turbo Saturn Sky (opposite of Ody, completely impractical 2 seater convertible). Wife has a longer commute and working from home I end up shuttling kids and hauling tools and stuff. We really share and there is no "ownership" of either vehicle, but she's typically in the Intrigue for commuting and saving miles on the Honda. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts