Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. My family got a Honda Odyssey 2016 SE. I want to hook our old Wii up to the screen in the back but I don't want it to kill the car battery. Have you guys tried this? How has it affected the car battery? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is there a built in inverter on the SE? what is its power rating?
Running anything on an inverter with the car off is going to drain the battery over time depending on the draw.
Based on a google search the Wii power adapter consumes 52 watts.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
395 Posts
Is there a built in inverter on the SE? what is its power rating?
Running anything on an inverter with the car off is going to drain the battery over time depending on the draw.
Based on a google search the Wii power adapter consumes 52 watts
The original question is about using it while driving - in which case there is no issues. It is the equivalent of driving with one extra headlight bulb active (if the Wii really does draw 52 watts, which is probably its MAX draw). The AC outlet is rated for 150W max draw.

-Charlie

·
Registered
1 Posts
My kids have done this before in our 2014 Odyssey. You won't drain the battery while driving, as others have stated. Our challenge was playing anything that required the motion part of the controllers. The Odyssey is a smooth ride, but we got a lot of jitters trying to use those Wii controllers. Maybe it was just my kids (I didn't try it myself) but I certainly saw them get frustrated trying to play it. They gave up after a while but you may have different results. I have teens down to early elementary kids.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts