Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alien parts in the setup:

prelude 98-01 P/S pump and bracket. as well hose.

Ody 98 trans mount

Ody 98 shift wire (95-97 are not fit)

Intake hose (the one from the air filter to the throttle)

Need to cut the 2-1 exhaust to make it fit ody exhaust (just before the catalyst)

PCM cut-off at 4800rpm when not driving.

You need to make A-conncetor from all A/B/C/D connectors of ODYSSEY PCM to ONE A-Connector of the new PCM of H23A (B/C/D are stock, just VBU i connect there as VBU was not available in the engine compartment.)

Also to connect C1 and C2 connectors from the engine main harness to ODY connectors.

Scheme:

C1-connector
1-R/W ECT signal to A/C computer (no need to connect) (I don't use this one)
-------------------------------------
2-W/Y VBU (PCM cont.B pin21 (VBU)) / You need to connect this one directly from the old PCM to the H23 one as there is no VBU exit in the engine compartment.
3-B/Y power source / Going to Ody C132/8pin
4-Y/B is it IGP1/2 ???
5- EMPTY
6- EMPTY
7-W/Blu Charge signal / Ody C132/10pin
8-B ???ground for some external device? (I don't use this one)
9-B/W from starter / Ody C128/1pin
10-B/Y from dizzy /Ody C128/2

C2-connector
1-Br/B "G101"-ground / Going to Ody: C129/14pin C129/12pin C127/2pin C127/4pin
2-Y/Gr Coolant Temperature Gauge Sending Unit / Ody C127/1pin
3-Empty
4-R/B TRS-N
5-B/Blu TRS-P / Ody C130/8pin
6-W TRS-R / Ody C130/7pin
7-Y/R OIL Pressure sensor / Ody C133/5pin
8-B TRS-(3th pin ground) / Ody C130/1pin
9-Pnk TRS-D3 / Ody C130/4pin
10-Blue TRS-D2 / Ody C130/3pin
11-Br TRS-D1 / Ody C130/2pin
12-R/Y PCS EVAPORATIVE EMISSION CANISTER PURGE VALVE (strange.. the PCS is in front of the intake and is connected this wire is the one from PCS but going where?)
13-G Radiator Fan Switch / Ody C133/2pin
14-W/Blu (TRSelector 1st pin) / Ody C129/8pin

C127 14-BLU Right side of engine compartment
C128 2-GRY Right side of engine compartment
C129 14-GRY Right side of engine compartment
C130 8-GRN Right side of engine compartment

C132 14-GRY Left side of engine compartment
C133 8-GRY Left side of engine compartment

H23A PCM connector A

F22B6 ODY / H23A Acc SIR
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA1--------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A13 going to A2 G/W MSC
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA3 R/W T-MOD
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA4 BL/B LEDC
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA5--------
A15 going to A6 R/Y PCS
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA7 BL/G LEDB
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA8 BL/Y LEDA
C18 going to A9 BL/W VSS OUT
C7 going to A10 BR SCS
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA11 Lg/R TCINH
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA12--------
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA13--------
B13 going to A14 Bl/R D4 IND (D4 indicator)
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA15--------
A16 going to A16 G/O FLR
A17 going to A17 P/Bl ACC
A18 going to A18 G/R WARN
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA19 Bl NEP (ENGINE SPEED PULSE)
A27 going to A20 G FANC
C8 going to A21 Gr RXD/TXD
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA22 O T-DN
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA23 W/Bl T-UP
C6 going to A24 Bl/R STS
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA25----------
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA26 G PS SIG
C5 going to A27 Bl/O ACS
B12 going to A28 W/G ILU
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA29 Lg/B TCFC
D16 going to A30 G/R ELD
ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉA31 Lg TC STB
D5 going to A32 W/B BKSW

Ok don't mees with the post I will fix it later with more info.

·
Registered
725 Posts
ok so u intergraded the prelude h23 harness into the odyssey one correct , you only took out what was needed out the prelude harness and repind it into the odysseys at the ecu ? thats a lot of reading diagrams and a good job making it work. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
yakuza said:
Sticky this thread!
Are you sure this needs a sticky? How many 1st geners are going to get a blue top and put it in their 1st gens? I don't have a problem stickying this but too many stickies up top aren't good either. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@overboostin: H23A is not from prelude!!!! It is from ACCORD WAGON SIR
JDM OBD2B version and is much more sophisticated than prelude 5th gen with it's separated TCM and ECM!!

"you only took out what was needed out the prelude harness and repind it into the odysseys at the ecu ?"

No no no.. I leaved all H23A/transmission/ECU intact!!! nothing changed (no foreign dizy, intake... and bla bla bla foreign parts :) )

All this setup needed was to connect A-connector from H23A ECU (OBD2B) to the odyssey body and C1 and C2 connectors that are coming out of the H23A engine harness to the ODY body wires.

Simple as that :)

This blue top is with E-EGR!! and with much better EVAP system.

I'll update l8r where this C1 / C2 connectors connect at ODY connectors.

Also there is little problem :) the H23A wire harness are without 2nd wire from the Transmission Range Switch.. the one needed for Cruise control.

Don't have time now but I think that is posible to connect the crise control too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This might be a dum question but if I want to run a P28 chipped ecu auto all I would have to do is get the extra plug that is needed for the p28 and rewire it from Ody tcu plugs right? Im saying being that I have a 95 ex obd1. Reason asking is because i got h22 on mines but with stock ody tranny and ody ecu with aem fic controlling vtec and stock ody tcu and it runs like a stock f22. No power what so ever.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
prelude 98-01 P/S pump and bracket. as well hose.

:)

But FIRST!!! Attach the P/S hose before putting the engine in!! Cause You won't have space to do it easily after that :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think this is sticky worthy...
im new here and just picked up a 1st gen. i heard stories of h22 swaps but never looked into it till now.

1st question... does the f22 trans fit the h22 block?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure if this is a dumb question, but I'm definately doing this soon.

However I have the 1998 with VTEC does anyone have any insights? I figure it might makes things easier for wiring but I just wanted to be sure there is nothing I have to watch out for.

·
Registered
77 Posts
According to WIKI 1st gens from 1995-1997 had the 2.2 non vtec F22B6, and only the 1998 (and 98-99 Izuzu Oasis) came with the 2.3 single cam vtec F23A7.

So I was just wondering if it makes much of a difference in wiring or what not since the van was already built with Vtec.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts