Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '05 Touring with the infamous PAX system (which are getting scary bald), and I forked out all my spare cash to get the thing. Well after getting the thing and finding out about the PAX tires ($1400 to replace them at my Honda dealer), I need to replace wheels and tires. I posted a "wanted' ad here on the forum and found someone close by that has a set of 16" 9 spoke wheels off of a '09 EX-L. Will they fit without rubbing the brake rotors? I can't get a straight answer out of my dealer (Honda recommends staying with PAX because of the weight of the vehicle and the suspension is different on a Touring, blah, blah, blah....), and while I would rather have 17" or 18" rims, the tires for 16" rims are much cheaper. Thanks for any advice......

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Why do you think there'll be rubbing? Don't the 2009 EXs have the same wheels? Been through the two rather large dePax stickies?

Also, there's a whole dedicated wheels forum for this.

Short answer is YES they will fit just fine and that answer has been repeated on here over and over again for new folks like yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...I think I'll pull the trigger and get them so I can be up and running with some piece of mind. Now to find a spare.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
when I went to buy wheels for winter tires, I was told 05-06 have different wheels then 07+ , but then I have a 05 exl

·
Registered
419 Posts
when I went to buy wheels for winter tires, I was told 05-06 have different wheels then 07+ , but then I have a 05 exl
The 08, '09, '10's have different wheels (fascia) than the '05, '06, '07's but the bolt patterns (5x120) and offsets (55) are the same.

So technically you can put 05/06/07 wheels in an 08/09/10 with no problems or the other way around.

Pat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are basically new (3k-4k) and I could get them for $400. That's as cheap or cheaper than aftermarket wheels, and I would rather have factory rims than aftermarket.....

How much are they asking for the 16" inch? Just wondering. I would keep trying to find some 17" but that is just my .02.

Good Luck,

Pat

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I also found these in Augusta, SC Craigs

2007 Acura TL Rims & Tires

I'm trying to help cause I don't think, 16" Standard 08/09/10 rims would look good on a Touring.. but that is just me.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also found these in Augusta, SC Craigs

2007 Acura TL Rims & Tires

I'm trying to help cause I don't think, 16" Standard 08/09/10 rims would look good on a Touring.. but that is just me.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Just called on these in Augusta, and they sound fairly good. The only thing that worries me is the 93W rating on the tires, but I can live with that until the tires wear out. I'm like you, the 17"-18" Acura rims look way better, and that's what I've been looking for. Thanks for the heads up Pat! (I wish I was closer to Colorado right now, because those listed in Craigslist out there are the deal....)

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Glad you are thinking of moving away from the standard rim..

A member here "miketr75" sells DePax sets and here is a pic of the TL rims on the van, just in case you wondered how they would look..

Also look at his price :dizzy:

17" HONDA OEM WHEEL RIM DEPAX PAX REPLACEMENT ODYSSEY - eBay (item 330542105864 end time Apr-13-11 09:55:55 PDT)

Pat
Yea, i've seen the ones miketr75 have for sale and they look great. I was just hoping to do the same thing myself and save on S&H cost as well as trying to keep my cost as low as possible (since I forked out all my cash on the van and wasn't expecting all of this rim/tire shopping). I'll probably have to do the rims first, save up and do the tires next. I just hope I don't have to test out the run flat on the PAX tires that's on there now! I see where the 235/ 45 17 tires that are on those rims I'm looking at in Augusta will more than likely rub. Do you know if they will rub when you turn lock to lock from the tires being too wide, or is it because they're too tall and will rub the top of the fender wall? Thanks again for all the advice....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its a 255/45/17. A bit wider but some might have used 255 with fender lip rolled.

·
Registered
632 Posts
They will fit but use the 05-07 support style lug nuts. 08-10 oem rims use acorn style lug nuts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts