Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, i have a 00 odyssey that has gone thru 3 transmissions and now is just sitting in the garage, i would like to get it back on the road again. 376,000 k on the engine. it runs like a beauty, love it and all but these trannys unfortunatly are crap. i was wondering if anyone knew if the 2002 5 speed tranny would bolt right onto the 2000 odyssey engine. i thought it would because its the same engine, just wanna know for sure . thanks!:)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hey there, i have a 00 odyssey that has gone thru 3 transmissions and now is just sitting in the garage, i would like to get it back on the road again. 376,000 k on the engine. it runs like a beauty, love it and all but these trannys unfortunatly are crap. i was wondering if anyone knew if the 2002 5 speed tranny would bolt right onto the 2000 odyssey engine. i thought it would because its the same engine, just wanna know for sure . thanks!:)
Unless you are Jay Leno rich, no. Different almost everthing. Computer, driveshafts, wiring harness, etc..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sense.. didnt think abt that lol thanks! i guess im jus gunna find a used or rebilt tranny and put it in there for now.. buying a new ody soon so il jus keep both n use this one til its last breath. these engines shud go til 500 k or so.. who knws maybe more.. its been well maintained.. mint condition.. looks like new on the body and interior.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Look into Jasper and Gator rebuilds. They modify the tranny's a bit and put better parts in plus you can get a 3yr/100k warranty. I'm not sure how they would work for your area though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts