Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.mI've got a 95 ody. The dizzy is about gone , its leaking majorly from the inside. Does anyone know if a Dizzy from a 95 accord or civic will fit this ody? thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The distributor doesn't leak, it has no fluid.

The leak is caused by the distributor o-ring (seal inside the head). Pull the dist, pull the o-ring and replace it. Clean out the dist. and good as new. Should take you 20 minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yakuza is almost surely correct, however it is possible for the distributor to leak internally, though I have no idea if it ever happens. The o-ring that commonly fails(mine was hard like plastic when i replaced it) seals the head to the distributor body, preventing a leak between the two. There is another seal in the distributor itself that seals between the shaft and the distributor body, this seal is not listed on honda's parts diagram, you would have to replace the whole distributor if it failed, or identify the seal and find a source for it.

Part number for the O-ring is
30110-PC6-005

The part number for a 1995 honda accord distributor is different than the odyssey, different shape too, so I think the answer to your original question is no. Btw you can look up the parts on hondapartsnow.com or other places on line to compare part numbers or visually.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yakuza is almost surely correct, however it is possible for the distributor to leak internally, though I have no idea if it ever happens. The o-ring that commonly fails(mine was hard like plastic when i replaced it) seals the head to the distributor body, preventing a leak between the two. There is another seal in the distributor itself that seals between the shaft and the distributor body, this seal is not listed on honda's parts diagram, you would have to replace the whole distributor if it failed, or identify the seal and find a source for it.

Part number for the O-ring is
30110-PC6-005

The part number for a 1995 honda accord distributor is different than the odyssey, different shape too, so I think the answer to your original question is no. Btw you can look up the parts on hondapartsnow.com or other places on line to compare part numbers or visually.
Ok..I took the dizzy cap off and oil was inside. I took the housing apart and shaft off and that seal you are talking about is toast.All underneath of there was soaked including electrical components. I really would hate to have to shell out almost $300 for an aftermarket. Junkards dont have any odysseys.You are also right the dealer doesn't stock that seal but i'll check out the website you recomended.. Hopefully I can figure something out.Thanks for your help fellas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Measure the ID of the seal bore, and the ID of the shaft. You should be able to call a local bearing or seal supplier, tell them you need an oil seal and give them the dimensions. Even an autoparts store might be able to look one up based on the dimensions. You live in ohio i'm sure there are plenty of places that can help you out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
hello.mI've got a 95 ody. The dizzy is about gone , its leaking majorly from the inside. Does anyone know if a Dizzy from a 95 accord or civic will fit this ody? thanks
from a accord yes it will work. just need to match different vertion

if its a small leak inside the dizzy you could just replace the interal seal (but would need to use correct glue and let dry befor asemble Robert did this some time ago and i did a short write up)

if its a big leak you will need to just replace dizzy as you cannot just change the seal as the bearing is also worn and not worth the time to replace as the shaft would be damaged in the process.

·
Registered
725 Posts
copy from the link with info on the seal

Just wanted to clarify the dimensions for this Honda distributor seal are 12.5 X 22.5 X 5mm and the material is ACM not NBR.

The design type is also different from what most industrial seal suppliers will offer.

Our design is the OEM design and has a bi-directional helix on the inside lip.

We sell this item in our ebay store under NOK part # BH3888E

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info overboostin.

It took me a while to find this seal online. Finally found it listed under an accord and here is the part number that the auto parts sites use.

W0133-1640599

This place will ship the "high temp" to my door for $10.25. The brand is KOK which I think might be made in china. The "regular temp" is $2.00 less.

Oil Seal, Ignition Distributor for Honda (High Temp) Ref# BH-3888 W0133-1640599

The genuine NOK seals seem to start at $12 and up not including shipping, according to google shopping. They are sold all over under that part number.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting a used distributor and that internal seal from the above webiste. I put the replacement distributor in my van and replaced the seal in my old dizzy. So now I have a back up when my replacement dizzy goes bad. There seems to be no play on the shaft so I think I'm good. Again thanks. My old car was a 93 accord and parts for it were everywhere at every junkyard just about. With the ODY it a bit more complicated especially with non interchangeable parts like the distributor..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts