Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I order my Ody the date it was to come in was the end of January. Now that the Alabama plant seems to be increasing its production, will I end up getting my Ody sooner? I am not sure how the ordering process goes and if they order from specific plants or whatnot. I tried to call the dealership, but supposedly my rep is always busy. Funny how the service goes down once they get your deposit!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bruno1453:
When I order my Ody the date it was to come in was the end of January. Now that the Alabama plant seems to be increasing its production, will I end up getting my Ody sooner? I am not sure how the ordering process goes and if they order from specific plants or whatnot. I tried to call the dealership, but supposedly my rep is always busy. Funny how the service goes down once they get your deposit!</font>
IMHO, the opening of the plant was anticipated so Honda would have taken its additional capacity into account in calculating the allotment of vehicles for your dealer and hence the date your vehicle would be availabile to you.

There have been no announcements that Alabama production is ahead of schedule.

Other buyers are reporting here that their wait times are being increased.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got a hold of my sales rep (they said they were just about to call!) and it is possible that the vans will come in early, but they are just not advertising the fact in case things do not pan out. Honda did not think ahead with their allotments due to the fact they had no idea when the Alabama plant would be up to full production. Something to do with an extra long shake out with the plant.

So in closing, I am not expecting my Ody early, but I am not expecting it to come later than the end of January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts