Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With new models coming out later in the year and hopefully supply issues being corrected, should I expect 2011 prices to come down or is this just wishfull thinking?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not according to my dealer. In fact he said that as of 2 weeks ago new 2011 dealer orders for the remainder of the model year will have a price increase of $300. Now this is a sales manager talking so take it with a grain of salt but he said it is not uncommon for Honda to do this at the end of a model year when supplies are short and transportation costs are high.

JD

·
Registered
178 Posts
fwiw, i spent the last 3 weeks chasing down a 2011. Prices have gone up over that time for two reasons i'm told - summer demand for minivans as kids get out of school; and the .09% financing. Three weeks ago dealers were willing to go a couple of grand under MSRP, not anymore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you mean an extra $250? My dealer told me sticker prices would be going up by about that much through the rest of the model year.

JD

·
Banned
728 Posts
fwiw, i spent the last 3 weeks chasing down a 2011. Prices have gone up over that time for two reasons i'm told - summer demand for minivans as kids get out of school; and the .09% financing. Three weeks ago dealers were willing to go a couple of grand under MSRP, not anymore.
Isn't 0.9% financing a price drop? I mean, if you are financing (and most do), a drop in the interest rate results in a a drop in the cost of the vehicle doesn't it? The fact that there are incentives at this point in time shows that Honda wants to move the inventory. Honda is competing against Toyota so I'd be checking to see what their incentive plans are.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I was at a dealership last night and the sales man told me, "the addtional 2500 on the sticker was because of low inventory." Is that correct?
I'd look for another dealer with more inventory, or if you can, wait until the 2012's start getting delivered. This supply constraint game can only last for another few months as it seems that production has ramped up again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Isn't 0.9% financing a price drop? I mean, if you are financing (and most do), a drop in the interest rate results in a a drop in the cost of the vehicle doesn't it? The fact that there are incentives at this point in time shows that Honda wants to move the inventory. Honda is competing against Toyota so I'd be checking to see what their incentive plans are.
two weeks ago I was getting quotes around $34k for the EX-L, this week it was up to $35k. The .9% savings are more than off-set by the higher prices.

I searched about a dozen dealer web sites earlier this week and found plenty of white, silver, and red Odys. Everything else is very difficult to locate. My guess is that you can still get a decent deal on the white/red/silver models if you are ok with those colors.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would think Inventory Levels should start building up around end of the year or early next year. At the same time, if you have a used car, it's probably worth more at trade in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
With tons of new vehicles and second year model 2012/2013 coming out this year and very early of next year. Honda don't have lot of blockbuster in their line up. Honda/Honda Dealership can lose market fast if they cost too much for their vehicle or not keeping inventory stable.
It is going to be interesting year to see how it unfold with fierce competitors.
I am curious. Do Ody or Elite have gas lift for hoods so no stick will be necessary? I notice that they dont have insulation "padding" under hood? or just on different trim Am i wrong here?

Its ok i am still interested in ody.....:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts