Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my GG 2001 Ody about two weeks ago. No complaints. We own a house and can wash our own car but in the Winter months, I go to a local car wash... I've not seen any vans go through these things. Can a minivan the size ot the Ody fit? and what about that antenna? Does it have to come off and HOW? does it just unscrew? Thanks! JEFF

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by benezrj:
Got my GG 2001 Ody about two weeks ago. No complaints. We own a house and can wash our own car but in the Winter months, I go to a local car wash... I've not seen any vans go through these things. Can a minivan the size ot the Ody fit? and what about that antenna? Does it have to come off and HOW? does it just unscrew? Thanks! JEFF</font>
Hi Jeff,

I don't think you'll have a problem with the Ody in an automated car wash. I've seen Caravans and Windstars go though without any problems but if you're concerned, I'd check with the owners for the largest dimensions their facility will accommodate before giving it a try.

The antenna does simply screw in but you'll probably need a tool to remove it. Also be careful not to overtighten when you put it back. I don't know how easy it would be to strip the threads. I also seem to remember reading somewhere in my owners manual that the antenna wouldn't be harmed in an automated car wash. I'll try to find that again.

Congrats on the new purchase!

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use the touchless car washes, and they're great! Fits w/plenty of room, and no need to unscrew the antenna. Oh, and the kids love it!

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX
-cassette
-mud guards

·
Registered
354 Posts
I put mine through a car wash in the winter, but I keep a wrench handy and remove the antenna, because the antenna once got pulled off the Mountaineer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intrepid175:

I also seem to remember reading somewhere in my owners manual that the antenna wouldn't be harmed in an automated car wash. I'll try to find that again.

</font>
Yeah, I read that too.
Don't go to touch car wash, they will scratch the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts