Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving my 2002 Ody today, I noticed that I was getting very cold air coming from the driver's side power window switch. It was a blustery day in northwest Ohio with windchill in the teens. Should I be getting the cold air?

------------------
2002 Redrock Pearl EX
1995 Wheel Horse 520-H
1994 Plymouth Acclaim

·
Registered
596 Posts
I found this same problem too. It's annoying. The likely answer we would get from Honda is that they allow this to keep the window switches cool.
I have been fussing with them over the inaccurate fuel gauging system in the Odyssey's. They say that it is normal for the low fuel warning to come on when there is from 4 to 10 gallons left in the tank. In other words, "That's the way it is" and " We're not gonna fix it!"

Fred

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I thought that another thread discussed the reason for the low fuel indicator coming on early was to keep the fuel pump immersed in gas to keep it cool? I know this is a common problem on my truck. People who regularly run the tank almost dry in the heat of the summer suffer an abnormal amount of fuel pump failures.

Comments?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good theory, but in truth, they just won't do anything to fix it because it would cost $$$$. Every car these days has the fuel pump in the tank and still has an accurate fuel gauging system. Honda is just screwing us around.

Fred

[This message has been edited by FW_in_OKC (edited 03-01-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts