Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of gallons of Windex I use around the house and was wondering if Windex is also safe for my ODY's tinted windows. I have only used it twice on my ODY but I have read somewhere that the harsh chemicals in some window cleaners can destroy the film on the tint. If this is true...does anyone have any recommendations of what brand to use for the ODY? I would hate to buy an auto window cleaner if I have tons of Windex in the house.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Buy those Micro Fiber Towels and use water instead of Windex. No more harsh chemicals.
It'll save you money, too. The towels are available at Target for $7.99 (3 towels) at their automotive section.

Your windows will look much cleaner and shinier.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Odyssey's windows are smoked glass not tinted with a film. I have used a window cleaner with no adverse reaction.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The only adverse effect of the Windex would be found in *aftermarket* tinted windows. The ones done with a film. The Windex will touch nothing but glass in your stock Ody. That said, an alcohol-based cleaner will be better for just about all situations (can be used on tint, etc.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts