Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fix for this? Is it the window motor, the switch, or the track that holds the window? pass. side works as it should.
1999 Honda Odyssey LX

·
Registered
109 Posts
Having same problem. 99 Ody LX. Except its the passengers side. For the time being, it seems to be better. My hunch is the track, cause it seems like the motor is straining.

Todd K.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had that problem in my buick. I was about to take it to my mechanic to repair, but i thought I would try spraying some silicone all around the frame of the window to see if that would help. It did! All of a sudden the window went up quickly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

The silicone spray worked very well, thank you. I cleaned and sprayed window track with q-tips, it took approx. 10 minutes for both doors. Easy fix.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say I was really skeptical. Even more so when I picked up my can of white grease. There was barely any in it. The pressure in the can hardly got any grease in the channel. But I was wrong. With a total of 1 inch of grease that actually landed in the channel, the window works great!

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
I'd stick to silicone spray lubricant for the run channels and rubber weatherstripping.

The white lithium grease will make a mess in this case and eventually attract dirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts