Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
On my 2004 Odyssey the passenger side window rolled down into the door frame and I can't bring it back up again. Any thoughts other than taking it to dealer to get it fixed?
Anything I could try on my own?
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine failed a few months ago. It is a pretty easy fix. The part can be found here:

Amazon.com: Front Right Passenger Side Power Window Lift Regulator with Motor Assembly Replacement fit for 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Honda Odyssey: Automotive

Of course, it is available from many other sources as well.

First do make sure to eliminate the switch. Just try the one on the driver's door and the passenger door to see if it works. If not it will be the regulator.

If it is all the way down right now you can remove the door panel and then easily lift the glass back up into place. A simple wedge between the glass and metal of the door will hold it in place, tape will work as well.

Get the part and install it. If I remember right it only requires a 10mm socket and a screwdriver and maybe an hour at most.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine acted weird for a few months during the winter and went away. Exactly what happen is unknown since it is working again.

Window can go down from the driver side but unable to roll back up. Then using the passenger switch and it rolled up after fiddling it a bit. It was like that for a few months and I haven't touched the window. When it got warmer it's been working on both switches....

Maybe try that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine acted weird for a few months during the winter and went away. Exactly what happen is unknown since it is working again.

Window can go down from the driver side but unable to roll back up. Then using the passenger switch and it rolled up after fiddling it a bit. It was like that for a few months and I haven't touched the window. When it got warmer it's been working on both switches....

Maybe try that.
Sounds like you had some bad connection to and or in the window switches. If window issues arise again I would look at those first. If the window did move real slowly back into place then it is an early sign of the motor failing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, but due to matters of expediency I had to get it done right away, so ended up paying an arm and a leg by taking it in. Oh well, am not going to be taking it with me when I go, might as well give it to the mechanic. :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you all, but due to matters of expediency I had to get it done right away, so ended up paying an arm and a leg by taking it in. Oh well, am not going to be taking it with me when I go, might as well give it to the mechanic. :-(
Nothing wrong with that man.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
What did they say was the cause of the problem and what did they replace?
Thanks,
Buffalo4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts