Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out why my car windows open on their own. I have returned to my car a few times and have found all four windows open (before I press the unlock button). I am aware that the windows can open by pressing the unlock button twice and holding down the unlock button but the windows are already down before I use the fob. I did a search and I see that this has happened to others on older odysseys. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? TIA.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
They must be rolling down due to something pressing the buttons while the fob is in your pocket. I have never heard of anyone with any other reason.

Try this. Don't put the fob in your pocket from the moment you park the car. Keep it on your desk and see. I bet your windows will stay up that day. :)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I did a search and I see that this has happened to others on older odysseys. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? TIA.
Follow DV's advice. If you read all of those threads you found pertaining to older odysseys, you will see the solution is always the same. I'm not aware of any culprits besides the placement of a sensative remote in a pocket or purse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try DV's advice but I never had this problem with my '07 ody and I kept the keys to that van in my pocket as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will try DV's advice but I never had this problem with my '07 ody and I kept the keys to that van in my pocket as well.
Jeans can get tighter over time....

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Different remotes perhaps? Perhaps the buttons on the 2007 remotes are more recessed? Or better remote range with the new model. I tell you my 2007's remote range sucks. Hope Honda improved it a bit with the 2011. Perhaps that can explain it?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Jeans can get tighter over time....

Yikes :laugh:.... or option b, I never had this problem when I had no kids, but recently a sudden and obnoxious intermittent honking scared the heck out of me, just to find out that, along with the keys, my pockets were full of Legos, a couple of Tonka cars and like 6 silly bands so... :dunno:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Different remotes perhaps?
Possibly, the third generation had a seperate remote fob and key, while the 4th generation has the buttons integrated into the key.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Different remotes perhaps? Perhaps the buttons on the 2007 remotes are more recessed? Or better remote range with the new model. I tell you my 2007's remote range sucks. Hope Honda improved it a bit with the 2011. Perhaps that can explain it?
Not only could the remote design have changed, but I think the remotes tend to lose their range over time (At least mine has). So it would make sense that your new 2011 remote would be sending a stronger signal than your old 2007. To really compare you would have to compare your 2011 to what your 2007 was, back in 2007.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts