Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Windshield Trim removal/installation

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  09ody20"rims 
#1 ·
I am trying to seal up the roof seams on my 2008 van and noticed some gaps around the windshield, but in order to seal them up, I need to remove that trim piece that runs down the side of the windshield between the A pillar and the glass.

Any ideas how to remove the trim piece?

#2 ·
I believe this piece is actually glued down and clipped in.

#4 ·
I was actually able to remove the trim piece, but probably not in the "professional" way. I could see that it was held in place with 4 long, white, 2-part clips which ended up being double-stick taped to the A pillar. When I removed the trim piece, I had to pry the taped clip receptacle from the A pillar, then replace the tape when I re-installed. I found some videos on YT that explain it, done by a windshield replacement guy.

The fifth clip was a Y-shaped yellow clip that actually holds the bottom of the trim piece down and even with the A pillar by clipping on the trim piece and hooking under the A pillar edge. That clip went flying down a dark hole between the cab and the quarter panel at the beginning of the removal. I managed to eventually retrieve it by removing the "mud flap" and driver's wheel well, which cost me $20 in body fasteners, BUT the yellow clip cannot be purchased from Honda separately -- it only comes with the replacement trim piece (well over $100).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.