Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice here. I've been looking into getting winter tires for our '08 touring non-pax ody and running in to some confusion. when I look at a winter tire package on tire rack, it gives me minus tire sizing, putting me in a 235/65R16 (the current tires are 235/60R17) I've been trying to figure out if this minus sizes tire is really narrower and better or if I should just go with the same size as oem tires. also would I cause warrant issues with honda if I did go with the smaller wheels. (the load and speed ratings o the minus sized tires are the same if not higher of the oem tires).
Thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
The size Tirerack is proposing you is the standard for 2005-2010 EXs (maybe LXs too, but not sure), so you will be fine as far as Honda is concerned. It is also the same width as your current tires (that's the "235" part). All it does is give you a smaller, less expensive wheel.

If you want narrower tires, look for tire size calculators on the web and find sizes that make sense, usually meaning less than 3% difference in diameter (I was told that is Honda's threshold). We have 235/65R16 tires on our 07 EX-L and bought 225/70R16 wintee tires. The difference is 1.5% I think.

Nicolas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts