Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that we're really in the Great White North here, but for all the vehicles I've ever owned, I've put true winter tires on them for maximum safety and performance.

On my Saab I currently use Nokian Hakkapelliita 4, sized one down from OEM tires/wheels.

For my upcoming Ody I think I'll stick with 235/65-16" winter tires (same as EX-L OEM, or one size down from Touring's 17"), to which I'll also get a separate set of generic black wheels for. But since I've never owned a vehicle of this size and handling characteristics, I'm open to ideas on winter tires. Obviously I prefer to not pay an arm & leg for them.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Wrong season to discuss this but.....

I have been using "Winetrforse" Winter tires now for 4 years and love them.
About $80/each on line (no installation charge yet).

READ up on TPMS issue too so you are familiar with it.
I posted info on TPMS before, search for it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Michelin X-ice and they work well for Montreal weather.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hakka 5 SUV 225 70 R16 107 XL

And nothing else!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't say the tires I have could possibly be better than what's recommended above, (I've owned 2 sets of blizzaks and hear mostly good things about the others, too) but I've been very happy with the performance of my General Altimax Alpine tires this past winter. We've had record snow and they've performed to my expectations. To get them to cut through the snow a little better I downsized the width and went with 225/70/16s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts