Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all. I am trying to get snows for my 2004 odyssey. I have a line on a near new set of nokian hakkapelitta's, the size is 225 70 16. i have had conflicting info locally in regards to this matter. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What is the question? :)

Nicolas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry really new here. The question is will they fit/ work as the profile is higher than the 225 60 16's on it now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
:)

Their thread is the same width, so they should not rub on anything - other folks may have experiences on this.

The circumference difference is 6%, so keep in mind you will be going 6% faster than before at the same speedometer marking. Also, if you are under warranty, I have been told they accept up to 3 or 4% difference before putting the blame on tires.

Nicolas

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
They will fit but the profile of 70 will make your speedometer read 6.7% too slow or when you are going 60 mph on the speedo, you are really going 64 mph. I would only push it if it were only 1 or 2%.

Nokians are a really good winter tire BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I love the van. Will probably try them out as they are pretty much new and can be had for 1/2 the price of new. Keep smiling. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
We're needing winter tires for our 2010. In an effort to save some money I've been looking into running Nokian all season but still winter rated tires all year around. This would save having to buy another set of wheels and sensors.

The tires that came with our van are 235-65-16-103T. The WR SUV and WRG2 tires come in a 215-70-16 100H size. This size is less than 0.63% different than the OEM tires but the load rating is less.

Nokian also has a WRC-Cargo tire that comes up when you plug the Odyssey into their tire selector. This tire comes in the same size as the OEM's but with a 121/119R load rating.

So I have 2 questions, is anyone running Nokians all year and if so are they great in winter? And do you all think the WR tires would be acceptable/safe for the odyssey?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recently got Nokian eNTYRE installed on my 05. They were available in 235/65/16 and the load rating is 107T.

No experience in snow yet but in dry and wet conditions they have a big improvement over the stock Michelins.

·
Registered
72 Posts
zsundevil said:
I recently got Nokian eNTYRE installed on my 05. They were available in 235/65/16 and the load rating is 107T.
Not sure how I missed these when looking at the Nokian site. I'll look further into them, since the size is right. Winter use is my main concern since once it kicks in we're driving on snow covered roads for 3 months give or take.

I wouldn't mind getting dedicated winter tires but hate the thought of giving the dealer $200. a year just to reset the computer to recognize the sensors when we change over.

·
Registered
513 Posts
kvs01ex said:
Not sure how I missed these when looking at the Nokian site. I'll look further into them, since the size is right. Winter use is my main concern since once it kicks in we're driving on snow covered roads for 3 months give or take.

I wouldn't mind getting dedicated winter tires but hate the thought of giving the dealer $200. a year just to reset the computer to recognize the sensors when we change over.
The eNTYRE are low resistance all seasons, not winters or all season winters like the WRs. I am thinking about them to replace our Michelins when they are done but wouldn't get them for winter.

Nicolas

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Nicolas! Kinda glad it's a el nino year cause winter hasn't hit us yet. Gives me more time to procrastinate!

Just wondering if anyone has used the tool that tire rack offers for sale to get the vehicle to recognize the new sensors? I was just on their site but couldn't seem to find it. Hmmm.

It's the ATEQ quickset reset tool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
An FYI for anyone interested in the quickset reset tool.

Thanks for the email, however we no longer carry a tool that will work with your TPMS. We stopped selling the Ateq Quickset tool just two weeks ago, which could have helped you. I put that in the subjunctive in that we had so many problems with them, that we simply boxed up what we had in stock, and sent them back due to the unreliable nature of the results we got from it.
Unfortunately, I do not know of another consumer level tool available. We have looked around for something with which to replace the Ateq tool, but have not found anything that we feel confident in offering. We do have other tools, however they more of a professional, auto shop grade, and have features you would never need. As such, the price starts out at about $700.
I am sorry I am not of much help in this case, as I do understand. I think in the short term, it may be better to have a shop reset the system until the aftermarket catches up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts