Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

After a few snow storms and some rain I have come to the conclusion that the wiper arms for my Ody are terrible. They do not provide enough tension for a clean wiper wipe. I have tried two different kinds of wipers with zero improvement.

Other than buying new wiper arms for this van has anyone found a solution.

I bent the arms a little bit to try and provide more tension, this helps when going slowly but when on the highway its worse and adds noise to the cabin from the wind.

How are your wipers? I have a 15 with 90k miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
not experiencing this on my 2011 , although I do not buy shit costco michelin brand wipers and replace the perfectly good stock ones.
the dealer sells wiper inserts, around 20 bux CAD for the pair, and you swap them out and is as good as the day it was built.
if you still have the stock frames, get some inserts and try that out.

oil of the pivot points on the arms, and springs so they move freely, they oxidize in the salt belt which can affect their free movement.

another thing you could try is a trico view or aquapel windshield treatment, lasts up to 6 months and far better than rainx that lasts a month if you're lucky.
this really helps with wiper efficiency.

otherwise there is nothing this van can do to make you happy.
;)

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Reactions: 2011.2017.odyssey

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,269 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I use, Costco, Michelin, no issues. Cheap. But I live in, San Francisco Bay Area. So very mild climate.
Scotty Kilmer, recommends, Silicon wiper blades. Cost more. Check out his pod caste.

Not sure if bending the wiper arms is a good idea, IMHO. Good luck.

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts
Our's are fine on our 2007 but I still pre-emptively replaced the wipers last year with new factory ones and upgraded to the 08 - 10 ones. I have always used the factory rubber inserts on our's.

But. With so many issues with that White 2015, may be a brand new Ody is required? :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After lifting up both wiper arms, there is very little resistance when pulling them up.
I have tried the Costco Michelin wipers, which I love on every other vehicle we have owned. And bosch.

I think the previous owner was the kind that left these wipers up every night and stretched out the return springs.
Just a thought, they really suck.

I lubricated both of the hinges as soon as I bought it.
No improvement

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our's are fine on our 2007 but I still pre-emptively replaced the wipers last year with new factory ones and upgraded to the 08 - 10 ones. I have always used the factory rubber inserts on our's.

But. With so many issues with that White 2015, may be a brand new Ody is required? :D
Seriously......I think I bought a well beaten dog.
I would love to get a newer ody, but all vehicles are wild expensive right now.
A 2015 ody in my area with the same mileage and trim is 3-5k higher in price than what I paid.
Even a 2020 is just crazy 🤪 price.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Seriously......I think I bought a well beaten dog.
I would love to get a newer ody, but all vehicles are wild expensive right now.
A 2015 ody in my area with the same mileage and trim is 3-5k higher in price than what I paid.
Even a 2020 is just crazy 🤪 price.
Bosch makes good stuff....try a pair of arm replacements from standard auto wreckers if you're in Ontario.
their prices are reasonable, unlike LQK.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you think the PO messed up the wiper arm tension, find another '15 Ody and do a comparison.

(I'm ignoring the lawyer sitting next to me who's telling me to treat you like an idiot and warn you.....He's got free time after writing the 13 pages of warnings to start the OM for a chef's knife.)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you think the PO messed up the wiper arm tension, find another '15 Ody and do a comparison.

(I'm ignoring the lawyer sitting next to me who's telling me to treat you like an idiot and warn you.....He's got free time after writing the 13 pages of warnings to start the OM for a chef's knife.)
Ahhhhhh......ok?
Compared to other vehicles, went to a honda lot.
The arms on our odyssey have much less tension than every other honda, including a few 4th gen odysseys.
Looks like I'm in the market for some new OEM wiper arms.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
By our you seem to mean you and someone close to you...not you and the members of Odyclub.

• Sad
Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By our you seem to mean you and someone close to you...not you and the members of Odyclub.
Yes......like our families odyssey.
I was asking to see if others here had the same crappy wiper arms.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Where skelsall do you suggest to get the springs? They are part of the wiper arm assembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought some OEM clone ones from Amazon (WOWIPER) and they work a lot better than the Michelin ones from Costco. I notice the OEM wipers are shaped a lot different so that may make the difference. This is the same with the wipers I bought for my Honda CRV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone,

After a few snow storms and some rain I have come to the conclusion that the wiper arms for my Ody are terrible. They do not provide enough tension for a clean wiper wipe. I have tried two different kinds of wipers with zero improvement.

Other than buying new wiper arms for this van has anyone found a solution.

I bent the arms a little bit to try and provide more tension, this helps when going slowly but when on the highway its worse and adds noise to the cabin from the wind.

How are your wipers? I have a 15 with 90k miles.

Thanks
Replace wiper arms, which include new blades... Tang on frames have been affected....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts