Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CarPlay to Air

Has anybody tried this? It would be nice to just drop my phone onto the wireless charging pad and have CarPlay without any additional hassle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh. This looks interesting. This solution would help remove the cable that always looks out of place.

I wonder how it works when 2 people have connected to it and both are in the car. The FAQ says last person who used it gets the connection. Which means, in my use case, if there isn’t a way to force switch from the device that wants to connect, I have to tell my wife to turn off her Bluetooth/wifi at the start of every weekend when I start chauffeuring her and the kiddo.

Does not help that my wife keeps a case on her iPhone as well as one of those pop it things that makes it easier holding an 8+ with one hand. Will probably need to get a 12V adapter to run the charging cable. Getting her to remove the case daily (weekdays) is probably a no go.

Instead of removing a cable, I’ve just relocated it.

Just my thought process on deciding if this wireless airplay actually benefits me and my use cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6 Posts
This should work. A little pricey at $159, but worth every penny. There’s a list of compatible vehicles in the webpage, and Honda vehicles from 2017 (?) on are supported.

Here’s a video demonstrating and explaining it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This should work. A little pricey at $159, but worth every penny. There’s a list of compatible vehicles in the webpage, and Honda vehicles from 2017 (?) on are supported.

Here’s a video demonstrating and explaining it.
That movie shows the carplay2air, not the cheaper amazon devices. Those amazon devices say that the user needs to install software on the head unit to use the product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts